EXPIRATION DATES

mahogany66

I noticed that I don't see expiration dates on my products. I have a load of products that I've had for MONTHS, some are close to a yr but I am afraid to use them because I don't want to damage my hair.How do you know when your hair product is too old ?:confused: For instance, I found a jar of Mizani H2o , It looks and smells the same but I know it is about a 1yr old and who knows how long it was sitting in th BSS.

Ms_Twana

You know what, it's interesting that you think that way. Because I was shocked :eek: when I saw an expiration date on my Keracare shampoo and conditioner. I would have NEVER thought that a haircare product could get old. Huh!! Sorry I don't have an answer for your question. Let's see what the other ladies say.

And for things that DO have an expiration date on it (like my Keracare), should you stop using it after that date???

Last edited:

cutiebe2

I read somewhere (it MIGHT of been natraullycurly.com) that you go more by how the product looks. If you keep it in cool/room temps then it will last longer. When the consistency changes or the ingredients seperate then its time to let them go.

mahogany66

Ms_Twana said:
You know what, it's interesting that you think that way. Because I was shocked :eek: when I saw an expiration date on my Keracare shampoo and conditioner. I would have NEVER thought that a haircare product could get old. Huh!! Sorry I don't have an answer for your question. Let's see what the other ladies say.

And for things that DO have an expiration date on it (like my Keracare), should you stop using it after that date???

Girl, I just checked my keracare and I don't see any dates...:confused:.This is weird!!!!