Essential Oils Changing Hair Color??

OnlyChild

Can essential oils and any other oils inadvertantly change your hair color? I have been using olive oil as a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment and noticed that my hair is changing to a lighter black/dark brown color. My hair is naturally jet black. Has anyone else experienced this?

Jade21

OnlyChild,

What essential oils have you been using? The olive oil should not lighten your hair at all. Usually, it's olive, wheat germ, jojoba, for darker-haired women and sunflower, safflower and a few others for those with lighter hair. Olive oil should make your jet black hair utterly bright and vibrant.

Let me know about the essentials.

~Jade~

adrienne0914

i've never heard of this with olive oil. i also use it for my pre-shampoo treatments. like jade, i'm wondering what essential oils you added to it. that could have an impact maybe...

adrienne

OnlyChild

I use olive oil for the pre-shampoo treatment. Then, before I put my hair into braids for a braid-out I use castor, rosemary, and jojoba oil.

Nova

SweetCocoa:

You're so right about rosemary oil? My youngest daughter was born with auburn-colored hair. She's always been acussed of dying her hair. Even when she tells people her hair color is natural ( her dad's mom & her sisters all had "bright auburn colored hair), they still don't believe her.

I gave her a mixture of essential oils with rosemary in the mixture. Her hair has now turned dark brown. It almost looks black! I think she misses her auburn hair, but has reconciled with her new color. She is the only one in our family (on my side with this colored hair).
oo: