Ebene Natural Hair Care - Why so darn expensive?

SelahOco

I did a search and didn't see anything on Ebene. Have you ever seen this? I wonder who it's marketed to - and why it's so super expensive. Anybody seen this stuff?

Shea Butter Regenerating Hair Treatment Oil

Our Shea Butter Regenerating Hair Treatment Oil is formulated to help stop breakage and to deep condition dry, brittle, coarse and damaged hair, making it soft, shiny and more manageable. This oil was formulated to help my hair with the daily abuse that it would get from curling irons and blow dryers when I worked as a model. Ideal for all hair types. Excellent for those transitioning from perm to natural.
Ingredients: organic sunflower oil, organic shea butter olive oil, and other hair strengthening oils

2 oz., $12.00
4 oz., $22.00
16 oz., $52.00

Shea Butter Hair Mask NEW

Our Shea Butter Hair Mask is a super rich hair treatment that hydrates tired, stressed, dry and damaged hair. It helps restores moisture while deep conditioning hair from root to tip, it adds sheen and enhances manageability. Ideal for ALL dry, damaged curly, coarse, kinky and unruly hair types. Ingredients: organic shea butter, our secret blend of organic vegetable oils, detangling aids and lots of vitamins essential for healthy hair and scalp.

2 oz., $20.00
4 oz., $36.00
16 oz., $65.00

http://www.ebenenaturals.com/organic_hair_care_oils_and_treatments.html

msa

I've never seen it before. But, there are people who will definitely pay for it. Not me, because I'm not stupid. I could get several pounds of shea butter and vegetable oils for 65$.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yeah, I heard their customer service is wack and I think they take forever to ship as well. Looks overpriced to me

Kneechay

Hey, I actually use and love the product I bought from this line. Girl, they have it at Whole Foods and I promise it was cheaper IN the store than online. I mainly use the Ebene Coconut Hair Milk ( LOVE). I hadn't heard of it before I purchased it, so after I did, I looked it up on line and realized I paid so much less than their website listed.

so1913

Ebene was one of the first natural lines and lines in general that I used when I first started taking care of my hair around 1999 when she first launched and off and on for a few years after that (mainly during the summers when I was working my internships, and when I first got out of college and was living at home with a good job so didn't mind the splurge). I was relaxed at the time but LOVED the shea butter hair & scalp conditioner, hair regenerating oil, kokum better for my body mainly. I would buy the large sizes and used them religously. I know the forumla changed over the years for the hair and scalp conditioner which still worked well, but I didn't care for the scent added to it at one point in time. Also, my spending habits changed once I moved out of my parents house, lol, and of course as all PJ's you are constantly jumping on to new things leaving products used in the past in the past lol.

At one point I never had problems with customer service or orders. Fayola was very nice and would always respond to emails and answer questions...I would get my products with no issues. It seemed when she started going through her family issues with her husband, service suffered badly, which was a shame. I haven't ordered in a few years and haven't seen recent discussion on it or the line itself, so I don't know how things are currently going. This thread was like a blast from the past for me! lol

I can't say the price is justified, but I will say that I cannot knock the quality of the line...they are high quality products BUT are very expensive. You'd be paying for the convienience of not having to cook up and mix the products up yourself lol. The ingredient lists are pretting simple and basic for most products meaning not 10 to 50 natural ingredients to make a product. I think she does use some natural ingredients that may not be as common in other natural lines (and naturally more expensive) that help differentiate it from others...not a lot of fragrance oils for most products I used (at the time I was using them) were scented from the effective essential oils in it so a lot of stuff smelled herbally or more on the lavender.

Last edited:

Eisani

So1913, thank you soooo much for your review! I don't think the prices are all that bad. Essence had the Coconut hair milk from this product in their magazine as a top pick so I checked out the website. I may check Wholefoods, don't know if I want to risk ordering directly.

so1913

No problem. It also looks like she's having a 30% off sale (code 'ebene10') with free shipping over $25. If you're patient enough for the potential wait (I see it says they are a little behind and apologize for delays:() you can try them at a decent price cut.