Ear length ladies, how do you wrap/style your hair at night???

ronise

My hair is 3 inches long and growing out of a very short layered cut that framed my face. I am trying to resist getting this cut again (I love the low maintenance of short hair!). My problem is this in-between stage - what do I do with my hair at night? Currently, I wrap it in a silk scarf and hot curl it using low heat (wrapping makes it straight) in the morning. I don't like sleeping in rollers and as wild as I sleep, most of them end up loose inside the silk scarf. I tried pin-curling but feel that my hair needs to be longer for it to turn out right. Any suggestions?

RegaLady

My hair is 3 inches long and growing out of a very short layered cut that framed my face. I am trying to resist getting this cut again (I love the low maintenance of short hair!).
My problem is this in-between stage - what do I do with my hair at night? Currently, I wrap it in a silk scarf and hot curl it using low heat (wrapping makes it straight) in the morning. I don't like sleeping in rollers and as wild as I sleep, most of them end up loose inside the silk scarf. I tried pin-curling but feel that my hair needs to be longer for it to turn out right. Any suggestions?
Just about everyday, short hair calls me!:lachen:I just love the low maintenance of it, and the way it frames my face, but anywhoo I am also growing out a short cut. I am in braids, I no longer wear my hair out.:perplexed I tried to, but as it was growing out, it didn't have that umph! So I have tucked it away. But, I used to mold it and wrap in straight down. Then just bump the top and front(when dried). My back and sides were down, and the top and front were slightly curled!

MikaPeppers

My hair is 5 inches all around, But i usually have my hair in braids.

But when i take a break from braids, I press my hair with low heatand wrap it around my head, then tie with a silk scarf. and secure with a bandana. lol i'm a wild sleeper too.

ajoyfuljoy

When my hair was ear length I used to comb it towards the back and just put a scarf on. It was short enough that it would still have body and curl when I curled it back to it's normal place.

Or I would bumt it with curlers...or you can use Caruso curlers

Kurly K

when i straighten my hair i dont sleep with anything on it and its fine when i wake up but my hair is really wierd :look:

ronise

Thanks ladies for all your suggestions, I can't wait to get past this phase. Redliz81 what did you mean by "molding" your hair?

RegaLady

Well, Molding hair with gel or styling mouse. I would put styling mouse all over my hair and comb to the desired direction. Then I would put paper neck strips around the head to hold the shape, let it air dry or sit under the dryer. When dried, I take a large tooth comb spray with frizz control or light oil, and comb through, then bump where it needs it. This really did wonders for me!:yep:

MrJohnsonsRib

I didn't think to try molding my sopping wet hair (only time it's pliable) with some moose or hair wrap to maybe get that smoothed down look vs my uneven afro. :( I'm natural though so I don't know how that compares to you other ladies...or are ya'll doing this on natural hair too? I'd like a success rate of folks who tried wrapping their hair at night to maybe give me an idea if my idea will work. I'm like 4a.

akgirl

Only rollers have been working for me...my pin-curling turns out too unpredictably and wrapping doesn't bump my ends to my liking... The back has short layers, so I use sponge rollers there, and the sides are those plastic-rubber-like rollers with teeth they stay in my hair well...not fun to sleep in though if you sleep wildly sorry! But looks good in the morning...:) I just try to sleep on my back so I'm only laying on the sponge rollers

SherylsTresses

When my hair was EL, every weekend I would do a flexi rods or hard spritz curls and that way I wouldn't have to deal with it until it was shampoo time. I just slept in my satin bonnet and called a night. In the morning, I would simply finger position. My hair grew like crazy. :yep::lick:

toyagurl

I just started wrapping my hair again and sleeping with a silk scarf. I used to just tuck it behind my ears but it's a little too long for that now.