Dull coloured hair? What do you do?

Mimi22

I recently took out my weave and decided to wear my natural hair out - afro style:grin:
When I was ready to leave the house this morning my roommate was staring at my hair. She said "why does your hair looks so dull coloured?" I noticed it as well; my hair isnt jet black, more along the lines of "faded black"...she decided to spray oil sheen on it, but that jus made it feel greasy and yucky. No shine, no bling as she hoped:nono:. Still I put on a grateful smile and went to my morning lecture....greasy locks and all.

What do you ladies do to combat dull looking hair?? Any personal recommendations?
Thanks in advance! :yep:

gymfreak336

I am not natural but I notice my hair has more shine when it doesn't have alot of product buildup...when is the last time you clarified? You can also use a clear semi permanent rinse to add shine to your hair.

bravenewgirl87

I agree with both posts. But, your hair really needs a deep conditioning, specifically something meant for color. Try washing with Pantene Expressions in Black and then using their nourishing mask

Mimi22

I did a pre-poo with amla oil, hopefully that'll get things going. I also bought a semi-permanent colour (black), so again, we'll see if i get any "bling"...lol
thanks for the advice!