Dry Frizzy Ends

jamiette

Dry Frizzy Ends HELP!!!

It appears as though the search function is not working, at least it isn't for me. I am trying to find out what to do about really dry frizzy ends. After washing my hair last night I fell asleep with the conditioner. I rinsed it and let it air dry this morning and that left me with a few probems.
1) I am 12 weeks post relaxer and I had LOTS of shedding when I tried to comb through it. My new growth seemed really matted so I re-wet it, and divided it into 4 sections so it would be easier to work with. I applied some leave in and oil to the ends.
2) After my hair dryed my ends were SOOO frizzy and brittle. I don't know what the problem is.
I figured maybe if I flat ironed it would take the frizz away but after flat ironing and combing through it my ends are still a frizzy mess.
Should I re-wash it and do a reconstructive treatment?
Any suggestions for my 4a hair drama?

Last edited:

OnceUponAtime

I've had to deal with this and found that it's different things at different times. Sometimes it's just time for a trim (possible damage), other times it's build-up. For build up, I use a clarifying wash and/or lots of oil, but no leave-ins, especially on the ends.

Watch your product content. It's possible that you're using too many cones or too much protein.

jamiette

Thanks for the input. I will definitely watch the product content. I'm think maybe I left the conditioner in for too long because my hair seemed to have a little bit too much elasticity after I rinsed it.

MizaniMami

My ends always dry frizzy if I don't airdry them with a roller or twist them up.

Try airdrying them with rollers on the ends. If that doesn't work moisturize, apply a roller, and cover with a baggie overnight.

LovelyLionessa

MizaniMami said:
My ends always dry frizzy if I don't airdry them with a roller or twist them up.

Try airdrying them with rollers on the ends. If that doesn't work moisturize, apply a roller, and cover with a baggie overnight.

ITA with MizaniMami. My ends can look a hot mess if I don't roll them while airdrying them. Also to revitalize them once dry, I just moisturize and oil them and then set them on extra small self holding rollers. I am also experimenting on misting them with distilled water when rolling. :cool:

Ayeshia

always a problem with my hair..but its curly so it will never be super duper moist. Clarifying does help as well. But I did a small trim today so Ill see how the ends act when I do my next wash n go :yep:

jamiette

MizaniMami said:

I am digging out a plastic baggy right now. BTW your hair looks wonderful!!!

LovelyLionessa

jamiette said:
Thanks for the input. I will definitely watch the product content. I'm think maybe I left the conditioner in for too long because my hair seemed to have a little bit too much elasticity after I rinsed it.

My hair is like that too. I can't really sleep in conditioner or overdo on certain conditioning treatments, or else my hair gets fussy and MAD! :mad:

I hate that limp hair without elasticity feeling, it gives me the creeps. :ill:

jamiette

Ayeshia said:
always a problem with my hair..but its curly so it will never be super duper moist. Clarifying does help as well. But I did a small trim today so Ill see how the ends act when I do my next wash n go :yep:
All I can say to you is WOW!!! Look at those curls, maybe in another life I'll have some like that LOL. Thanks for the advice.

MizaniMami

jamiette said:
I am digging out a plastic baggy right now. BTW your hair looks wonderful!!!

Thankyou!;)

Make sure you don't get too heavy handed with the moisturizer. Your hair may turn out to be too wet in the monring. Anyways, good luck and let us know how it goes!

jamiette

Priestess said:
My hair is like that too. I can't really sleep in conditioner or overdo on certain conditioning treatments, or else my hair gets fussy and MAD! :mad:

I hate that limp hair without elasticity feeling, it gives me the creeps. :ill:
I don't think I will be doing that again too soon. I was actually just trying to put my 4 year old to sleep but wound up actually knocking myself out LOL.

jamiette

MizaniMami said:
Thankyou!;)

Make sure you don't get too heavy handed with the moisturizer. Your hair may turn out to be too wet in the monring. Anyways, good luck and let us know how it goes!
Thanks chica! I will:)

sassyhair

What helped for me after trying many things was separating my hair into ponytails and then adding extra water leave-in and moisturizer to the ends cover with an end paper and then roller. That is the only thing that has kept my ends from frizzing.

Tee

Re: Dry Frizzy Ends HELP!!!

jamiette said:
It appears as though the search function is not working, at least it isn't for me. I am trying to find out what to do about really dry frizzy ends. After washing my hair last night I fell asleep with the conditioner. I rinsed it and let it air dry this morning and that left me with a few probems.
1) I am 12 weeks post relaxer and I had LOTS of shedding when I tried to comb through it. My new growth seemed really matted so I re-wet it, and divided it into 4 sections so it would be easier to work with. I applied some leave in and oil to the ends.
2) After my hair dryed my ends were SOOO frizzy and brittle. I don't know what the problem is.
I figured maybe if I flat ironed it would take the frizz away but after flat ironing and combing through it my ends are still a frizzy mess.
Should I re-wash it and do a reconstructive treatment?
Any suggestions for my 4a hair drama?

The shedding is my problem. I am only 9 or 10 weeks post. I hate to relax since Iam trying to make 12 weeks but I can't deal with the shedding. I dont know what to do. :eek:

jamiette

Letitia said:
The shedding is my problem. I am only 9 or 10 weeks post. I hate to relax since Iam trying to make 12 weeks but I can't deal with the shedding. I dont know what to do. :eek:
I have actually been doing stretches of six months but i don't know if I'll make it this time. maybe because of the warm weather or all of the supplements I take but my hair is growing faster than usual. I don't want it to start breaking off.

Tee

jamiette said:
I have actually been doing stretches of six months but i don't know if I'll make it this time. maybe because of the warm weather or all of the supplements I take but my hair is growing faster than usual. I don't want it to start breaking off.

How are you controlling the shedding??

dreamer26

I commend you ladies that can go 9, 10, 12, weeks post relaxer, my hair will shed off my head. I must be doing something wrong. However I started the baggie method and it's has helped my dry ends a lot.

I combat shedding by trimming, doing a deep condition, or perming. Since I've been on this board and learning more about DC and total hair care my hair stays on my head more.

Tee

dreamer26 said:
I commend you ladies that can go 9, 10, 12, weeks post relaxer, my hair will shed off my head. I must be doing something wrong. However I started the baggie method and it's has helped my dry ends a lot.

I combat shedding by trimming, doing a deep condition, or perming. Since I've been on this board and learning more about DC and total hair care my hair stays on my head more.

I am doing a lot of deep conditioning for the shedding. I think I just need to keep my hands out of it more. I just had it trimmed at my last relaxer. (I looked in my siggy 9 weeks ago) So I am trying to make 12. I did a hard core protein treatment this weekend. I will see if that helps out any.

I have to start the baggie method. I think it will help out alot. I see lots of rave reviews on it!

jamiette

Letitia said:
I am doing a lot of deep conditioning for the shedding. I think I just need to keep my hands out of it more. I just had it trimmed at my last relaxer. (I looked in my siggy 9 weeks ago) So I am trying to make 12. I did a hard core protein treatment this weekend. I will see if that helps out any.

I have to start the baggie method. I think it will help out alot. I see lots of rave reviews on it!
LOL...That is most of the battle. I was wearing phonie ponies the first time I stretched. This time I have been using braids as my crutches. I'm sick of them now so I am trying to see if I can do it without protective styling. Lately I have been living on LHCF asking advise from ladies who have grown out hair without the use of protective styles. I think that once I re-learn my hair and develop a solid routine I'll be good to go.

Barbara

Princess
Use a moisturizing shampoo, moisture rich conditioner, use hair oil once or twice daily, and a pomade for the ends that's moisture rich. Keep the ends up and out of the hair. In other words, tuck the ends in so that they are not exposed. Wear protective styles 95 percent of the time. Use a wide tooth comb. Later on when the ends have recovered, just oil the hair/ends two or three times a week.