Doing a corrective texturizer

options

This weekend I am thinking about attempting a corrective texturizer. I first texturized my hair about 4 weeks ago with Silk Elements texturizer. It left my hair quite soft and more pliable and easy to comb; previously, I would suffer from bouts of "helmet head" with my natural hair. I have not yet been able to do a wash & go, because I think it's underprocessed, but I have less shrinkage when I do wash it and let it air dry.

I want to do a corrective because, like I said, I think it's underprocessed. It mostly looks the same - just less shrinkage, and I'm still having to do twist-outs to get the look I want (but my twist-outs look better than ever!). I don't want bone straight hair, though.

I plan on using the same texturizer I tried before. Previously, I left it on for 13-15 minutes, so I am debating how long to leave it on this time around. Also, I am scared to cross the line and end up with too-straight hair. I'd really like to be somewhere between Ginsana's curls and LorraineG's relaxed texture - but she has been able to retain a good amount of wave.

Any suggestions.

model_chick717

I would say apply it--comb through it with a fine tooth comb (which is key to looser curls) and maybe leave it on for like 5-7 minutes. That should probably make a difference...

options

I can't imagine getting a fine-toothed comb through my hair. What would the difference in outome likely be between using a wide-toothed or a fine-toothed comb?

model_chick717

I guess a wider toothed comb would do okay--the finer the tooth--the more effective in getting the hair straighter. I don't know why--but it does. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jerseyjill

Listen to model chick and PM Den 1, they know what the heck they are talking about!!! Look at their albums!
Im about to do a corrective next week also. But Im using Affirm regular.

Nonpareil

My corrective needed 10 more minutes - I used Arosci Texturizer. I didn't use a comb - did more smoothing and pulling with my fingers - but hey, they may be right - my ends are still a little too tightly curled.

Just keep in mind that this is your last shot - any further corrections can be done at touch-up time/over time. It's not good to keep doing this and haste makes waste.