Does Weather Dictate Your Hairstyle??????

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Not really, I wear protective styles most of the time..

[/ QUOTE ]

Laela,,, would you say it really helps to reduce the accumulation of split ends for you?????

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Split endz w-w-h-at's that??

just kidding.. Since my hair is prone to dryness, protective styles were best. I'd never get split ends w/ protective styles, but once I start wearing other styles in rotation, like the wrap, my ends quickly dry out and split... so the answer's yes.. it helps. I remember your saying you don't do protective styles. Lucky you, that means you don't have problems w/ dryness?

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Split endz w-w-h-at's that??

just kidding.. Since my hair is prone to dryness, protective styles were best. I'd never get split ends w/ protective styles, but once I start wearing other styles in rotation, like the wrap, my ends quickly dry out and split... so the answer's yes.. it helps. I remember your saying you don't do protective styles. Lucky you, that means you don't have problems w/ dryness?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's still refreshing to hear though. I am really considering doing the protective thing...Thanks.....

daisy

[ QUOTE ]
I do see some women who have their hair out and it doesnt even look frizzy, I wonder what they do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what they do too?

ineedmoney

it does for me. i have to think about if it is worth it. like if it hot is it really worth it to have that press and curl, or that thick weave in my head? also i want to experiment with some color and since it is summer i'm thinking of lighter browns, ya know since i don't wanna be a full on blonde. i think it will look cute with the sunlight

Jenai

Sure does. Especially since it has been raining for weeks over here. I'm not even thinking of wearing my hair out right now.

Peachtree

Yep, here's my list...
If it's snowing or really cold , I'll wear it up, under a satin lined cap... the hair helps to keep my head warm
.... ususally in a bun.

In really hot or really humid weather, usually I'll wear it up (ponytail or bun), just to help keep my neck cool...all dat long thick hair hanging down just makes me sweat more...

On nice "clear" comfortable days , I'm sportin' a "down & out" do
.... a braid or twist out, rollerset, straight, whatever!!!

Rainy days .... I'll let it all hang out. If it's in a bun, I'll take it out. I know, I'm kinda'
.... I absolutely love to have my hair & scalp drenched with rain. No matter the style, i'll let it get drenched
....then i'll finger comb it & just flip the length around to create a bun to airdry. If I'm home, I'll add some Hot 6 Oil. When dry, it's nice & straight... no frizzies
. RAIN IS MY BEST MOISTURIZER

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, here's my list...
If it's snowing or really cold , I'll wear it up, under a satin lined cap... the hair helps to keep my head warm
.... ususally in a bun.

In really hot or really humid weather, usually I'll wear it up (ponytail or bun), just to help keep my neck cool...all dat long thick hair hanging down just makes me sweat more...

On nice "clear" comfortable days , I'm sportin' a "down & out" do
.... a braid or twist out, rollerset, straight, whatever!!!

Rainy days .... I'll let it all hang out. If it's in a bun, I'll take it out. I know, I'm kinda'
.... I absolutely love to have my hair & scalp drenched with rain. No matter the style, i'll let it get drenched
....then i'll finger comb it & just flip the length around to create a bun to airdry. If I'm home, I'll add some Hot 6 Oil. When dry, it's nice & straight... no frizzies
. RAIN IS MY BEST MOISTURIZER

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, they say water is the best moisturizer.....But it only works for me when I get my hair washed and deep conditioned.

pet

Yes, humidity dictates my hairstyle....I also live in NYC and it's always raining!!! Shoot...Summer is supposed to start tommorrow.....when will the weather get better??!! I have a press, so it's disastrous if I get my hair wet. Usually I keep it wrapped and put a scarf on my head if I go outside. When I get where I'm going, I take it off and do my hair. But even besides that...I always wear my hair mostly up anyway (for protective hairstyles).

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, humidity dictates my hairstyle....I also live in NYC and it's always raining!!! Shoot...Summer is supposed to start tommorrow.....when will the weather get better??!! I have a press, so it's disastrous if I get my hair wet. Usually I keep it wrapped and put a scarf on my head if I go outside. When I get where I'm going, I take it off and do my hair. But even besides that...I always wear my hair mostly up anyway (for protective hairstyles).

[/ QUOTE ]

I also live in NYC, and I am becoming an expert on buns...

Xcellence2

We are experiencing the same rain in Ohio. Question for you ladies do you re-bun (if that is a word) your hair everyday (ie wrap and/or pin it up at night) or sleep with it in a bun at night

DatJerseyDyme

GREAT POST! It's sooo hot here, I only wear my hair down and straight like once a month..other than that, I'll wear it in a bun..even when I do a twist out..by the third day, my hair is back in a bun..one of the reasons I'm getting braids on Tuesday..I'm tired of the BUN. Does anyone notice breakage from wearing a bun so often? And if so, how do you stop it (other than changing the position of the bun..I do that already)

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
We are experiencing the same rain in Ohio. Question for you ladies do you re-bun (if that is a word) your hair everyday (ie wrap and/or pin it up at night) or sleep with it in a bun at night

[/ QUOTE ]

I do a bun every morning...I am with Allandra....

L

ladybug

I LIVE IN NYC..AND IT WAS 94 YESTERDAY AND TODAY IS JUST AS HOT..BUT TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I LIKE THE HEAT AND THE HUMIDITY BECAUSE IT ALLOWS MY WET HAIR TO DRY QUICKLY...AND AFTER I WASH MY HAIR IN THE NIHGT IT DRIES SO MUCH FASTER..ALSO IF I SEE MY HAIR GETTING FRIZZY..I JUST USE MY MINI SPRITZ BOTTLE I KEEP IN MY BAG AND MIST..AND GO...