Does wearing fake hair give you false expectations for your own hair?

gone_fishing

I for the first time in my life bought a wig about 2 months ago. My first time wearing not my own hair. It's great in combination with my morning workouts as I can wash or co wash and dry and then stick it under this wig with little manipulation. My hair has been growing great and I have hit my APL (will post updated pics Jan. 08).

However, when I do wear my own hair, it now seems way more thin that i used to think it was because my wig is so THICK and FULL.It kind of makes me look at my hair differently than I did before. I'm still happy with my progress but I find myself wishing my hair was fuller like my wig...not the length because my wig is the same length or a little shorter than my own hair....but just the thickness....

Last edited:

glamazon386

Re: Does wearing fake hair give you false expectations for your natural hair?

That's what wigs and weaves do. They can become addictive for that very reason. That's why I had to wean myself off. :look: I'm slowly getting there.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I just love the change a wig can give! I wear them also, but I don't compare my own hair to it. Shoot, I'm glad my hair isn't like my wig... it's too hot! LOL But, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about that. The wig is serving it's purpose for you: Giving your hair a rest and having a style for you when you go outside. Also, there's things you can do to create volume for your own hair. As long as you have the length, you can do lots with your hair!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
When I used to wear weaves back to back, it was because I couldn't stand how thin and short my own hair seemed (in comparison). But that was when I couldn't appreciate my own hair. Now I prefer my own hair anyday. For me, the weave did more harm than good. 14 months weave free and counting:grin:...

Leslie_C

This is the reason I had to stop wearing weaves/falls. Since I stopped I have a new appreciation for my own hair and prefer it to the fake stuff. One day it will look like a weave anyway lol...:yep: