do you have a damaged side?

longhairluva

My top left side of my hair does not grow as fast as the rest. I was just checking and I have no new growth there but I have new growth everywhere else. It's really starting to bother me because the right side and the back of my head grows at a normal rate but this left side has stalled. That will look pretty foolish if that sides stays this length and the rest of my hair keeps growing. What can I do? Any suggestions to get it to grow?:(

londonjakki

I know what you mean...I have the same problem with the back ..not the nape the section right above...I've been using boundless tresses & massaging that section whenever I remember:)

locabouthair

girl I have 2.:mad: the right side is a patch of hair that's broken up badly. the other side it's not a patch it's just really thin from when my hairdresser pressed my hair. i think the comb was too hot:mad: i know if these two sides would grow back my hair would look a lot fuller.

I'm in the same boat as you. my damaged parts has less ng if any at all. they have stayed the same for about 8 months now. i decided to eat healthier to increase my growth. i could do scalp massages but i havent tried.

BillyJay

My right side of my hair is thinner. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. The hair is a 3c no 4a in sight. I have accepted that it will probably be like that forever.

I tried sulfur products but I get hives everytime I use them. Even MSM. So.... I just accept my little 3c patch and keep it moving.:cool:

Brownie518

Left nape area is treacherous. It has always been my problem area but I got the flu in the winter and I was so dehydrated my hair started breaking and that area is taking a loooong time to recover. It is slowly but surely coming around, though. My Hair2Heaven oils and Boundless Tresses have really helped.

Missi

my left side is more healthier than my right: my right is damaged more for years of combing my wraps to the left: so not only does my right side gets jacked but when I flat iron it: the right side really gets beat up

cocoa32

londonjakki said:
I know what you mean...I have the same problem with the back ..not the nape the section right above...I've been using boundless tresses & massaging that section whenever I remember:)

Me too! It's really pi$$in' me off! Mine is breaking and thinning out in that area. I have new growth there, I just don't know why it broke-off.

Me2

The left side in the back. Broke off badly when I first started taking a chemo drug. It's now started growing back.

glamazon386

Yeah on the left in the back (nape) and the very crown is shorter from breakage. I thought it was from the relaxer all those years but now that I'm natural it still breaks right there. My hairdresser said it might be hereditary but IDK.

***Toy-Pisces***

My right side in the front is damaged. The front of my hair is always the most damged. The back and middle area grows nicely without to many raggedy ends! I am still trying to figure out what to do about the right side:confused: I might just go natural or stretch for a year and gradually clip the ends off. If I go natural I will relax when I reach APL.