Do you have a bang?

hottopic

My next perm is at the end of October or beginning of November, 4 months no perm. Anyways, I was thinking about getting a bang. Does anyone have a bang? Do you break out because your hair is constantly in your face? That is my only concern, because I have clear skin and breaking out is not an option.

Divine Inspiration

This is interesting. I thought about having bangs cut in December when I get a relaxer but i think I'm gonna wait until I grow my hair out of this V before I do that. Do you have a pic of how you want them to look?? (just curious)

I have heard of people having breakouts b/c of bangs. I think it depends on the products you're using though. Heavy oils and things will probably clog the pores more readily than something light (i.e. jojoba oil or aloe vera gel). I had this problem when I was in 5th grade, and as soon as I stopped with the bangs, my forehead cleared up.

Good luck...

tweezer6

I got bangs in August. They were cut straight across, just above my eyebrows. No breakouts. But my forehead seemed oily all of the time.

I haven't had bangs in years. I probably won't do it. I'd feel pressure to put heat on it to get it to act right as it gets closer to relaxer time.

SUPER SWEET

Nope. But i'll get a weave or a wig to see if i like that look. I have oily skin so i dont try to add anything extra on my forehead.

mzcaramelicious07

I just had bangs cut a couple of weeks ago. I love them, and don't have any breakouts. I put oil on them only at night then sweep then to the side. I comb them back down in the morning, but the oil has already soaked in by then. My forehead does get oily, but you can't see the oil until I move my bangs out of the way! Plus my forehead, chin and nose are naturally oily anyway.

hottopic

This is the bang I am going for....

Attachments

• The bang I like.jpg
    The bang I like.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 9

SouthernGirl

Hey Hot topic,

I cut bangs in a few months ago and I love them! They never broke me out. I side-sweep them a lot because my hair is usually back, but I love them! They grew out fast, but I'm going to trim them again at my next relaxer.

SG

Nita81

I wear a bang....I've had one since I was 7!!!!! I have a big forehead so I like to cover it up:blush:. Funny thing my forehead doesn't breakout from the oils I put in my hair but I'll get a pimple or two on my sides. :ohwell:

lala

I have bangs, but I'm growing them out. I'm 7 weeks after my last retouch, but by next week, I'll have to use my Chi to get them to lay the way I want them to. I have never had breakouts on my forehead, but I have dry skin. I only lightly oil my bangs though...

I have bangs that are the legnth of my chin. I sweep them over and tuck them under my ear. I have not experienced any breakouts from them. I don't think I would cut them again though.

beyondcute

I sued to want some but whenever I played around with it, it never looked right. I have ,ayers also so when I do want a bang look I just do a side part and the shorter hair looks like a bang and I curl it. IN short no, I do not. :)

hottopic

SerenityBreeze said:
I have bangs that are the legnth of my chin. I sweep them over and tuck them under my ear. I have not experienced any breakouts from them. I don't think I would cut them again though.

OH MY GOODNESS. :eek: I just looked in your album. I love your hair,girly. Good growth.

hottopic

SouthernGirl said:
Hey Hot topic,

I cut bangs in a few months ago and I love them! They never broke me out. I side-sweep them a lot because my hair is usually back, but I love them! They grew out fast, but I'm going to trim them again at my next relaxer.

SG

I like your bangs SG. Sweeping it to the I never thought of it. I just might do it. I see that you cut it yourself. That I am scared of doing, I have to let my mom do that.