Do you apply Flaxseed oil directly to your hair/scalp?

CurlsBazillion

Hey ya'll,
I did a search and I found alot of people taking flaxseed oil as a supplement which is great but I'd like to hear from those of you who apply this oil directly to your hair and or scalp. What is your experience? If you don't ingest it do you see an increase in hair growth? Is Flaxseed Oil a must have in your regimen?

I appreciate all answers!

aa9746

Hey ya'll,
I did a search and I found alot of people taking flaxseed oil as a supplement which is great but I'd like to hear from those of you who apply this oil directly to your hair and or scalp. What is your experience? If you don't ingest it do you see an increase in hair growth? Is Flaxseed Oil a must have in your regimen?

I appreciate all answers!

bump bump bump

CurlsBazillion

I want to start taking the supplement as well but I bought the oil at the grocery store on a whim and I'm wondering what results some had with direct use? I refuse to take a tablespoon of it becuase it smells awful and I don't want to waste it!

fattyfatfat

DayDreamist, I think you should try actually taking/eating flaxseeds. They really dont have a taste (to me) and you get more benefits by ingesting them instead of applying it topicallty. HTH.

CurlsBazillion

Since I had the oil on hand i went ahead and tried it as a prepoo. I mixed it with SAO because the smell of it makes me sick. Before I added the SAO I gotta say that oil felt great going on. I will continue using the oil this way just to finish it off.

gn1g

DayDreamist maybe your oil is rancid, do you keep it refrigerated?

I take it and love the way it makes my skin look and it keeps me regular.

NaturalPath

Ive tried it on my hair before. Honestly I would not recommend using it externally bc the smell is overwhelming and has a "fishy" smell. I think the oil becomes rancid rather quickly.

CurlsBazillion

@DayDreamist maybe your oil is rancid, do you keep it refrigerated?

I take it and love the way it makes my skin look and it keeps me regular.

I lol because I think it smelled horrible as soon as I broke the seal, to each his own. Its not an oil I'll be repurchasing:nono:, I'd rather take a supplement as I planned anyway but I'm such an impulse shopper I just went ahead and bought it on sight.