Do u think banana clips are protective styling?

summerof1990

I'm soo tired of wearing my hair in s bun.it's not really a bun it's just like a ponytail but the ends are up.I've done banana clips earlier in my journey but what was hindering me from growth was me brushing it out,combing,wrapping and all of those bad things that can snap it hair if it not careful.

My new improved idea with the banana clip is to not manipulate it so much and wear it out in a braid out. (with the ends of my hair on the curly wavy result the braids leave)

My question is...being that I'm relaxed will my hair look weird with the roots and top of my hair straight and the ending half of the hair beach waved looking

And would u ladies consider that a P.S. My hair is very close to apl if not but with a braid ou it's sl I'm worried about it brushing my back :(

What do y'all think

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I don't think the style would look weird at all, but if the ends aren't hidden away-- from fabric/wind/the sun, etc.-- then it isn't a protective style. :yep:

xmasbaby78

I'm not sure if it is a protective style but I love my banana clips!

summerof1990

I don't think the style would look weird at all, but if the ends aren't hidden away-- from fabric/wind/the sun, etc.-- then it isn't a protective style. :yep:

i want to have my hair out in a banaclip im not natural it wouldnt look right otherwise :sad:

summerof1990

I'm not sure if it is a protective style but I love my banana clips!

LOL I SPOKE WAYYYY TO SOON.
" i dont think it will look right relaxed"

Yea your hair looks cute in that clip but i dont think i can pull it offffff !
I want my hair to be out. Everyone keeps asking me to wear my hair out.
Funny because they wear extensions I never saw their hair either.

lol but im going to do it for them and im not wearing it all the way down unless it flat iron and im not ready to flat iron until i reach BML.

LE SIGH

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
You can check my blog for banana clip ideas. If the ends are hidden, it's a PS, IMO. If they are out, hangin and swangin, it's not a PS.

LaidBak

"I want my hair to be out. Everyone keeps asking me to wear my hair out. "

You can wear it out to please everyone else, but is that best for your hair?

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
where do you buy them? i've been almost everywhere and i can't find any banana clips anywhere.

Last edited:

summerof1990

wear do you buy them? i've been almost everywhere and i can't find any banana clips anywhere.

I'm trying to find other places to buy them from too. But I get them from walmart and they are not stylish.lOl they are brown and black plastic

Anne26

panda
It's a low manipulation style. Some people find it enough to grow their hair (not everyone needs to hide their ends all the time).

LaidBak

No,but my hair wants to have fun sometimes

I understand. Fun is good! But you asked if it was protective (the style you described)...:nono:

Braiding it up, then taking the braids down, then finger combing, then coaxing your hair into a banana clip isn't low manipulation either, IMHO.