Do relaxed ladies benefit from natural hair products?

Hi everyone,

I have been wondering for a while if my relaxed hair would benefit from using all natural products. I have stopped using shampoos with sulfates, and use moisturizers with water bases, and if they have mineral oil or petroleum, it is at least the fourth ingredient. Anyway, I was just wondering if it was worth switching to more natural products if I am already putting my hair through an unnatural relaxation process?

Thanks for your help.

My hair do.....I use Hairveda, Hydrathermal Naturals, NTM(not really natural but no sulfates or any bad mess), indian oils, and powders, and shescentit, I love using the natural products, I'm just heavy handed, so I use a lot, and sometimes I over moisturize.....I have notice my hair is different, it doesn't feel stripped or anything, and my hair doesn't feel coated. Just try one product line and see if you like it, one thing I like Hairveda and Shescentit are very cheap IMO......I want to try other natural lines soon....HTH!

VictoriousBrownFlower

My relaxed hair loves natural products. I've tried all types of products but keep going back to the natural stuff. I say it doesnt hurt to try it out. There are so many great natural companies out there. I swear by myhoneychild, and giovanni direct mostly because my hair isnt a fan of protein and those products are just straight mositurizing ingredients. Shescentits products are awesome too especially the banana brulee and the syani(sp?) hair butter for sealing. I would say the only product that I wouldnt go natural on is the shampoo. The natural shampoo just doesnt seem to clean as well as sulfate free reg shampoo(maybe I'm just use to lots of suds). I agree with slanted eyes though the only downside if you wanna call it that is my hair gets overmoisturized sometiems but its nothing a good protein con can't fix.

chebaby

i love natural products. hairveda oils are a staple fore me. shescentit conditioners are also staples of mine. i use then to pre poo and deep condition. i still use un natural products like joico(because im in love with protein) but i will never stray from natural haircare. i also prefer that my daily moisturizer be all natural. right now im using carols daughter healthy hair butter and i love it but im not sure if its all natural so im hoping shescentit gillian butter is the bomb so i can go back and forth between the two.

chebaby

also aubrey organics is a really great line. i am in love with the honesukle rose conditioner and i use the gpb as a pre poo like 1-2x a week.

vnaps

i think every hair type can benefit from natural products.

i would go all natural but i have been conditioned all these years to use stuff from a bottle that its going to take time.

maybe when i live on my own it might happen

Divine Inspiration

When I was relaxed, my hair loved natural products - raw shea butter, Giovanni Direct, AO, JASON'S, etc. Some people say why use natural products if you're using a relaxer, but I say natural products are a good choice since you are using a relaxer. I guess it's a matter of perspective.