Do any of you flat-iron only 1 section of your hair?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Here's my situation, the crown area of my hair grows faster than the rest of my hair so by the time I'm 12 weeks post relaxer my crown is thick and bushy. I'm having some breakage where the 2 textures of hair are mixing. So I'm thinking of flat-ironing the crown starting at 6wks post till I'm ready to relax at 12wks post. Any other suggestions? I think I'll be ok flat-ironing once a week if I use a heat protectant and I dc every week. I know that I could relax sooner than 12wks but the rest of my hair is not ready to be relaxed then. Thanks ladies

Actually what you posted sounds like a good plan. that's what I do. Just use a good leave in serum or conditioner for blow drying/flat ironing and you'll be good.

I also use lottabody straight leave in conditioner on the new growth it helps the blow dry straighter.

Here's my situation, the crown area of my hair grows faster than the rest of my hair so by the time I'm 12 weeks post relaxer my crown is thick and bushy. I'm having some breakage where the 2 textures of hair are mixing. So I'm thinking of flat-ironing the crown starting at 6wks post till I'm ready to relax at 12wks post. Any other suggestions? I think I'll be ok flat-ironing once a week if I use a heat protectant and I dc every week. I know that I could relax sooner than 12wks but the rest of my hair is not ready to be relaxed then. Thanks ladies

Thanks longhairlover, I'm planning on using Chi Silk Inf. for my heat protectant and I'll keep my flat-iron temp. kinda low.

that will work, what i normally do when I stretch is I still relax my hair line and the nape of my neck. this is in case I want to wear my hair up, the rest of the hair is easy to blow and flat iron but the hair line and the nape always likes to stay a bit tough. so to the naked eye my hair always looks freshly relaxed. and normally when I stretch the back of my neck starts to hurt from the new growth lol!

Back