Discouraged

Country gal

Ladies, I am feeling discouraged about my hair goals. My hair does seem healthier. However it is not growing to the my desired length. I have been slacking on my hair care regimen. I don't take as many vitamins as I did. I have been wearing it in a pony tail which is probadly not good for my ends. I wash it at least once sometimes twice a week. I haven't been roller setting my hair like I should. I have been spending more time in the OT thread instead of here. It's just one of those days.

I know how you feel. Sometimes it is just like that. When I get like that sometimes. I take a look at all of my inspirations and think about how everything is going to pay off in the near future. So keep your head up anf you will probably reach your goal before you know it!

Ahhh...don't be discouraged. We all feel like that sometimes. I'm having one of those months too. My hair is back in my "signature" french roll style. I've gotten tired of daily rinsing and will probably shampoo once a week because of time constraints this month. I just don't feel like being bothered with my hair. I am sticking with my vitamin and exercise routines though, but mostly for overall health reasons. I figure as long as I shampoo and deep condition once a week, then leave it alone it will be okay.

Best to you - you are definately not alone.

Don't feel discouraged Sbaker! Lately I've been speniding more time in the OT, too. You probably don't notice your own progress because it's your own head, but if I saw you again I'm sure I'd be able to tell. We all fall off the horse sometimes, I can't tell you the last time I took a vitamin. I am now jumping back on and starting my "egg challenge" and bought me some flax meal. You can go through a slump just don't stay there
smile.gif

weird.gif

Cheer up, girl. We all have days like this. Sometimes it gets discouraging to see so many people making progress and yet you still seem to be stuck in the same place. Just keep doing what you know you need to do. I visit the OT board more also because my hair frustrates me sometimes.
rosebud.gif

I got discouraged for awhile and just stopped coming here for a bit (but then I felt like I was missing out and I'm addicted once again). I get frustrated about the whole length gains for myself, but overtime I've come to realize that the only person that really is concerned or judging my 'progress' is myself. So, for example, my length hasn't changed to much over time, but the overall health of my hair has done a 180...it looks great, and I know it!

I'd rather have healthy hair than long ratty hair anyday. So now I just make sure that I'm keeping up a 'reasonable' regime, and just appreciate my gains when I do see them. I can't make it grow faster than nature intended, but I do have control over my daily care.

I think reflecting on your goals, why they are important, but at the same time reviewing why you have a rigid time constraint is important. I think its better to align your goals with your methods, and with a less focus on outcome. For example, instead of making a goal "I want 3 inches by winter" you could make your goal "I will make sure that I do x, y, z consistently so I have to cut less ends off by winter".

I hope this is encouraging and not preachy....I guess, the way I made myself feel better is stop being so hard on myself for not reaching length goals, but instead rewarding myself for keeping up a consistent care regime.

Girl don't get discouraged...we all have them days....that's when you pull out an old pics and see how far yu've come.

I think we all feel like this sometimes. But now it's time to get up and get back on track or Supergirl will be-a-visitin'

spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

Kaela, even though your post was meant for sbaker. I want to say thank you because while I am gaining lenght at a reasonable pace, I wish it would hurry up and get there already. I especially like where you said:
"For example, instead of making a goal "I want 3 inches by winter" you could make your goal "I will make sure that I do x, y, z consistently so I have to cut less ends off by winter".
This is very good advice that I will heed from now on.

don't feel discouraged, be empowered. i'm worried if my hair is growing as well. i am drink water doing daily conditioner washes, changed my shampoo, comb gently, take suppliemetns and all that. but beacause it is natural it always shrinks. plus i want to press my hair sooooo bad. but i know that is not gonna help, so i keepp doing what i have been doing. and by the sounds of it you know what you need to do. so do it girl! and when you hair is healthy, long and shiny you will thank yourself. keep working hard

Don't feel discouraged, be empowered. Just try and keep up with your regimen (don't overdo it), if you can't wash your hair twice a week, wash it once. Just keep it moisturized and you'll be fine. And i know how much time u spend in the OT thread
laugh.gif
(i'm right there with u
sekret.gif
), just remember what you are here for. Overall hair health which you already have. My hair grows slowly too but at least I know that it is growing esp. when I can look back at my pictures and see that. Hold your head young lady.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies, I am feeling discouraged about my hair goals. My hair does seem healthier. However it is not growing to the my desired length. I have been slacking on my hair care regimen. I don't take as many vitamins as I did. I have been wearing it in a pony tail which is probadly not good for my ends. I wash it at least once sometimes twice a week. I haven't been roller setting my hair like I should. I have been spending more time in the OT thread instead of here. It's just one of those days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wore my hair in a turban all day yesterday, SB, so don't feel bad
frown.gif

I'm wearing it out today, but the only reason why I combed it is because the boyfriend is coming over tonight.

He hates the turban!
frown.gif

Anyway, you're not alone, girl.

Way too much time on the OT thread. Getting kicked again, too. Probably deserve it. LOL!

Perk up, babe!
smile.gif

As long as it's healthy, let it take it's time.
I don't take my vitamins either and I know I should be, but don't get discouraged, and don't try to rush it...

Just don't think about it, it'll get there.

Sbaker,

I know how you feel but think of healthier hair as the first step to longer her so in that case you are reaching you goal. Try and look at the positive attributes that your hair has, when I get discouraged I try to focus on the positive things about my hair or treat myself to a wash and set at a dominican salon, that always make my hair look great.

(((Sbaker)))

Heres a hug sweetie, believe me, I know how ya feelin, I been in that slump too, but I just keep on keepin on, the only thing I can say, that I tell myself is, "it could be worse", remember this too shall pass.........
rosebud.gif

I'm feeling the same way girl, so don't give up now. It sucks to wait for the length, but remember all of the time and energy you put into your hair and you'll thank yourself later. Keep up the work!

Kaela- Great advice. I write down my goals and get discouraged when I haven't achieved them. Instead of saying I will have hair down to my butt by christmas. I will focus on my practices and eventually see my desired results. This just doesn't apply to hair goals but my personal goals as well.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we all feel like this sometimes. But now it's time to get up and get back on track or Supergirl will be-a-visitin'

spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Thank you ladies for encouraging me and putting fire under me to keep up the work. I am just in a slump mentally, physically and spiritually. I am feeling discouraged because I wanted to accomplish so much by now. I wanted to lose thirty pounds, have flowing long hair, wanted to be a home buyer by now. I have been working on all my goals but am not reaping the rewards. So I am just in a funk. I have a hair appointment this weekend so at least my hair will look good. You can have on the best outfit, cute shoes but if your hair ain't right it just kills the look. Okay, now I will go back to the OT board. I am sure there are at least three new J.Lo threads that have been started.
weird.gif

Ok, so I'm a little late getting to this thread.

SB- Don't be discouraged. I get that way too. Sometimes I have to take little breaks from the boards( a day or so), so that my mind doesn't dwell on my hair growth progress. Another suggestion--have you tried the cornrows yet? they get your mind and your ahnds off of the hair for a while. You still lavish your locks, yet in a more carefree manner.
BTW, you're a beautiful lady, so no matter how long your hair is you're sure to turn heads. Keep your looking to the sky.
God bless you girl!

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you ladies for encouraging me and putting fire under me to keep up the work. I am just in a slump mentally, physically and spiritually. I am feeling discouraged because I wanted to accomplish so much by now. I wanted to lose thirty pounds, have flowing long hair, wanted to be a home buyer by now. I have been working on all my goals but am not reaping the rewards. So I am just in a funk. I have a hair appointment this weekend so at least my hair will look good. You can have on the best outfit, cute shoes but if your hair ain't right it just kills the look. Okay, now I will go back to the OT board. I am sure there are at least three new J.Lo threads that have been started.
weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha!

You got that right! Your nails, clothes and make up can be on hit, but if your hair is jacked, you may as well have stayed home!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I'm a little late getting to this thread.

SB- Don't be discouraged. I get that way too. Sometimes I have to take little breaks from the boards( a day or so), so that my mind doesn't dwell on my hair growth progress. Another suggestion--have you tried the cornrows yet? they get your mind and your ahnds off of the hair for a while. You still lavish your locks, yet in a more carefree manner.
BTW, you're a beautiful lady, so no matter how long your hair is you're sure to turn heads. Keep your looking to the sky.
God bless you girl!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, sweetie.

I know I get in a funk from time-to-time. I hope the LHCF can help keep you from becoming too discouraged. We're here for ya girl.
smile.gif

Back