Design Essentials relaxer

kitten73

Ladies, I am on a search for an online store or a retail store for that matter (in the NY Metro area) where I can buy Design Essentials relaxer. I know, I know this is a professional product and can normally only be purchased by licensed professionals but we all know there are times when you can get around this. My stylist used on me and I am in love. I had just taken out micro braids that I wore for 3 months, and then had a weave put in for two days that was way too tight and I took it out. She permed my hair 2 days after that and I experienced no burning at all, my hair was all natural at it relaxed so well. I love the products that accompany the relaxer as well. So if anyone knows how I can get my hands on it please do tell. My hair is in a very short cut right now and I very capable of doing my own touch ups especially since she charges so much.

fancypants007

kitten73 said:
Ladies, I am on a search for an online store or a retail store for that matter (in the NY Metro area) where I can buy Design Essentials relaxer. I know, I know this is a professional product and can normally only be purchased by licensed professionals but we all know there are times when you can get around this. My stylist used on me and I am in love. I had just taken out micro braids that I wore for 3 months, and then had a weave put in for two days that was way too tight and I took it out. She permed my hair 2 days after that and I experienced no burning at all, my hair was all natural at it relaxed so well. I love the products that accompany the relaxer as well. So if anyone knows how I can get my hands on it please do tell. My hair is in a very short cut right now and I very capable of doing my own touch ups especially since she charges so much.

There was someone that said that someone on ebay is selling it. Check out ebay. I'm thinking about trying this relaxer as well. I was using Silk Elements, but i believe it reverts to quick. I know Lala uses nothing but Design Essentials and she raves about it. You couldn't buy it unless you were a professional, but ebay does sell the 4lb containers for $30.00. I'm thinking about buying one too!

pmichael52172

Please let me know too. I would ask my stylist but then she'd conclude that I wouldn't come back to her for regular touch ups.... and she'd be right. That's what my stylist uses on me but this month both of our schedules are so conflicting that I'll have to do my touch up myself.

My plan is to use Mizani but I love D.E. so much I keep putting off my self-touch up, hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on D.E.

kitten73

tarheelgurl said:
Do you know a stylist you can ask to purchase it for you?

They will all tell me to let them do it for me and I want to do it myself. There is one who was going to let me go with her to a hair show and at the last minute she changed her mind because she feared I would learn all the tricks of the trade and get products and I wouldn't be her client anymore. They are very protective of their supplies.

pmichael52172

Thank you fancypants!!! I just put it an offer. I REALLY need a touch up but I'm willing to wait at least another week to see what will come of this.

kitten73

Is that right! GOod old Ebay, I haven't been on there in a while. I think I am going to check it out. I really liked the reults and the fact that I didn't burn after all my scalp went though before I went, has me sold! Thanks so much for the info.

pmichael52172

Well, I lost my bid for the relaxer. I think the sellers tried to push me to pay full price because the winning bid was $2 less than mine! I think I was the only bid but they wanted more money.

Kitten, have you had any luck? If anyone knows how to get their hands on a tub, I'd be willing to give you the money for it. (Yes, I love it that much). You can e-mail me personally at [email protected]

rootdeep

You dont want to order directly from the site?

pmichael52172 said:
Well, I lost my bid for the relaxer. I think the sellers tried to push me to pay full price because the winning bid was $2 less than mine! I think I was the only bid but they wanted more money.

Kitten, have you had any luck? If anyone knows how to get their hands on a tub, I'd be willing to give you the money for it. (Yes, I love it that much). You can e-mail me personally at [email protected]

rootdeep

Nevermind...sorry. It didnt work. I just went to the site and none of the relaxers are available for sell.

Searching for you now . :)

pmichael52172

Yeah, the site doesn't sell it anymore. They really keep that stuff on lockdown. The relaxer I lost the bid on was being sold because the salon was closing down.

I'm convinced that a stylist that's willing to get it will be my only way. I don't want to ask mine becuase once I find it, I will go back to doing my own hair.

Thanks for taking the time to help me!

malibu4590

I absolutely LOVE this relaxer. I just relaxed over the weekend with it and it has been a staple of mine for about 5 years or so after I gave up on the African Pride :lol:. Its pretty easy to find in the Asain BSS in Philly (knock on wood). I'm surprised that it's tough to find in NYC.

ETA: I'm talking about the wrong darn relaxer. Mine is called Designer Touch. Sorry if I got anyone excited about coming to Philly to buy this relaxer. :Blush2:

Last edited:

1Specialk

pmichael52172 said:

I believe, I'm the one that beat you.:) My bid was for $43

pmichael52172

I KNEW IT! I said to myself, I bet one of the sisters on the board got it. I e-mailed her back because I couldn't understand why my higher bid lost. If you know of anyone else selling this, please let me know. I'm desperate.

The seller said they had two total but I don't think so. Could you ask the seller (on the sly) and let me know?

Last edited:

lala

Design Essentials isn't available in any BSS that I've seen, and I don't know any stylists that are generous enough to order it for me. I'd like to find it too b/c my hair loves it and no other relaxer is comparable...

kitten73

pmichael52172 said:

I still haven't had any luck. One of the board members did tell me of a bss downtown brooklyn that i can buy it from but i have yet to get down there. I really want t find a place i can order it from online or a store in the Bronx or Manhattan.

kitten73

lala said:
Design Essentials isn't available in any BSS that I've seen, and I don't know any stylists that are generous enough to order it for me. I'd like to find it too b/c my hair loves it and no other relaxer is comparable...

Your right, you have to be a professional to purchase it and the BSS in NY don't have it. I think people are mistaking it for Designers Touch which has been available in the BSS for years. I am still in search. The stylists aren't going to order because that will take away business from them.

fancypants007

kitten73 said:
Your right, you have to be a professional to purchase it and the BSS in NY don't have it. I think people are mistaking it for Designers Touch which has been available in the BSS for years. I am still in search. The stylists aren't going to order because that will take away business from them.

I post a thread that they were selling these again on ebay. They sent me a personal email to let me know and I wasn't interested in the shea butter lo-lye version, I wanted the regular conditioning relaxer and I got a 4lb tub just last week. I will be doing my touchup tomorrow with it. I am so excited. You can check again on ebay to see if they have any more left. If I remember when i purchased mine, they said they had about 96 left. Do a search for my post about Design Essential Relaxer and you will find the item number for the product they are selling on ebay.

Last edited:

Nyi-NYi

HI, I am new… well not really I have been lurking for two years now … any ways they do sell Design Essential products in NYC. I don’t know where you live ,but in Brooklyn downtown Fulton street mall there are three beauty supply stores that sells the relaxer…. especial the on Jay street .IT cost about $39.00.