Deep conditioner for color treated hair?

sensiblesista

I just got a my hair colored jet black using demi permanant color, and now I'm wondering what I should use to deep condition it with? I see lots of shampoo and conditioner sets for color treated hair(garnier fructis, herbal essances, pantene, ect) but all the conditioners are the instant kind that you only leave on for 1-5 minutes. I wash my hair about once a week and I deep condition it every time--usually with ORS Replenishing Conditioner or with Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask.

Does anyone know of a deep conditioner that's specially formulated for color treated hair? Is it even necessary to use one? Or would a color- safe shampoo and my normal DC routine be sufficient to keep my hair healthy and also keep the color from fading?

any tips would be appreciated.

shawny86

I really like the ABBA line...and they have a conditioning masque that is wonderful. I use it when I steam my hair. I don't have color in my hair but it conditions my hair very well.

sensiblesista

I've never heard of the ABBA line. Where do they sell it?
Do any of the color treated ladies here DC your hair with a deep conditioner made for color treated hair?

gymfreak336

Try Loreal Kiwi line. You can get it at Ulta and it is for colored hair. I actually think the deep treatment is on clearance right now. You can also try Kenra Color Maintance Conditioner or any of the Kenra Platinum line conditioners.

I too have colored hair; Permanent too. I have really really been loving the TIGI Dumb Blonde reconstructor. Its a creamy conditioner that smells like pineapple punch to me :lol: but it is a good balance of protein and moisture. You can cowash with it or leave it on for the 5-15 minutes it recommends. I have had great success with both. I found a big bottle with a pump top on it at Marshalls for 14.95, much less than the 22 and change Ulta wanted for the same exact thing.