Daily rinsers.........

janet

does your hair ever dry? I have been rinsing and putting my hair in a bun, but it stays damp. Is it bad for the hair to stay wet 24/7??? Thanks for the info!!

P.s. my hair is thick. <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="pink"> </font> <font color="pink"> </font>

NAY007

this is the main reason for me why i don't rinse daily. but now since it is getting warmer i sweat a lot more in the gym, and right now i wash my hair every other day. i just have to use shampoo (cream of nature) to get that clean feeling. otherwise, if i only use water and conditioner i would feel nasty, but that's just me. i only use the shampoo on my scalp though. i always air dry my hair in two braids. again, since it is warmer it dries faster, but i know what you are talking about. my hair is thin, but i have a lot of it, so i hate this drying time. when i do this in the morning and take my braids out in the evening they are still damp.

Babychoc

I agree with Allandra. My hair stays damp a lot, and I also have thick hair. I don't think it's bad either. After I rinse my hair, I put it in a bun and it stays wet all the way until the next day. If I decide to take the bun down and were my hair down for a little while is when my hair get completely dry, but this is not very often for me, that's why it's always damp.

I have been rinsing my hair daily since December and have had GREAT results from it and have not had ANY problems whatsoever from doing this. If anything, it has really made my hair grow longer and is in better condtion
. I think the longer your hair retains moisture (from the water) the better it is for your hair. I think it is much better to have well moisturized hair than extremely dry

Also if the dampness is bothering you, maybe after you rinse your hair you can wear it down for a little while and put it in a bun after it has dried some
. Just a thought. hth

atate

I have a question for all you dailiy rinsers...

1) After you do a condition wash or daily rinse do you put your hair in a really loose bun or clip?

Because I have noticed that when my hair is wet, sometimes I can do more harm to it by trying to brush it or put it in a ponytail because I am slightly pulling on my wet hair. And sometimes it breaks. I have fairly healthy hair. But I know when I manipulate too much when it is wet, it breaks a little.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question for all you dailiy rinsers...

1) After you do a condition wash or daily rinse do you put your hair in a really loose bun or clip?

[/ QUOTE ]
Both (I alternate).

pebbles

My hair stays damp for most of the day, and I really believe it's not a bad thing. After all, I need all the moisture I can get.

pebbles

Emmi, You wear your hair in a bun too after you wash in the morning? My hair would dry faster if I wore it down, but it stays damp in a bun for a long time.

Emmi

oh thats probably why, i usually gently comb my hair in a low pony tail style (without the ponytail holder) and let it air dry.

does your hair turn out straight wen you wear it in a bun?
ive never tried that method b4

sweetcocoa

I shampoo at night...if I wear my hair in a bun it stays damp alot...which I like because my hair loves the constant moisture. In the summer I rinse in the morning...and it dires as long as I leave it out. If I do a bun it may not dry at all. The only thing I would worry about is rinsing daily if you have hard or highly chlorinated water. It can be drying for your hair. That is why I rinse with bottled water. When I shampoo I use it as a rinse. When I'm just rinsing, I stand over the sink and pour it through my hair(in the winter I warm it up on the stove a little first). I also use distilled water in my misting bottle. If you rinse daily and have dry hair it is probably the water...so be careful.

janet

Thanks everyone for your great answers!! Just what i wanted to hear!! What would i do without the ladies from LHCF!!!

Janet

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
does your hair turn out straight wen you wear it in a bun? ive never tried that method b4

[/ QUOTE ] For me, when I wear my hair in a bun to dry, the ends are much less frizzy, though it stays damp for a long time. Give it a try.

Nanyanika

I actually attempted rinsing my hair for three days in a row. I absolutely hated it, because it made my natural hair 4a/4b coarse with a slight dryness
, only the ends of my hair stayed damp/wet. I applied Wildgrowth hair oil, Aphogee Pro-vitamin leave in condt, not to mention other products, to combat those factors. My hair remained the same
. Instead, I decided to wash with shampoo, plus deep condition, the results were astounding
. My hair was soft and shiny with a leveled moisture balance
. No more rinsing for me, I'm sticking to shampooing and conditioning twice per week.

TinyT

Well, I have natural 4b hair, I love rinsing, but I put 2 stand twists in and was afraid that if i rinsed daily the twists wouldn't last. But I came up with a way to rinse my hair with the 2 strand twists and not have them unravel.

The way i did it was, I cut off the legs of a pair of clean pantyhose, and tied a knot in the top, and put my head in it, like a stocking cap. I let water run over my head to get it wet, and then I took conditoner and kinda patted and scrunched the outside of the stocking cap, so it would get to my hair. Then i took my shower. After that I rinse my hair which is still in the cap. After that I got out of the shower, and took the cap off, my hair was kinda wet, but very moisturized, and the twists didn't unravel, like they do if i just rinse them in the shower. I think this method is a keeper.

Tracy

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
does your hair turn out straight wen you wear it in a bun?
ive never tried that method b4

[/ QUOTE ]

my hair is natural and after rising at night I sometimes pull it back in a bun and tie it with a scarf and wear it to bed this way. In the morning the hair is quite straight especially if I applyed olive oil to my hair before pulling it back.

[ QUOTE ]
My hair dries in about 2 hours. Completely.

Maybe because it's fine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine also!

beana3

man i wish my hair would dry fast...
I'm thinking my hair takes lke 10-12 hours to airdry b/c sometimes i'll do my twists and the next day i'll take them out and some of my hair wil be damp.

sbg4evr

Thanks for the tip. I have been wearing 2 strand twists for the past year. I like to rinse my hair frequently but I have to retwist each time. I am going to try your method. I am surprised that I did not think of that method. That is how I use to wash my hair when I wore extension braids eons ago. Thanks again for the tip Tracy.

Emmi

mine really depends on how i dry it, i usually dry in a ponytail so it take about 7 hrs to be completly dry but in the summer i air dry my hair down and out an it dries fast that way. about 2 hrs also.

Daughter

UK Blak
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I have natural 4b hair, I love rinsing, but I put 2 stand twists in and was afraid that if i rinsed daily the twists wouldn't last. But I came up with a way to rinse my hair with the 2 strand twists and not have them unravel.

The way i did it was, I cut off the legs of a pair of clean pantyhose, and tied a knot in the top, and put my head in it, like a stocking cap. I let water run over my head to get it wet, and then I took conditoner and kinda patted and scrunched the outside of the stocking cap, so it would get to my hair. Then i took my shower. After that I rinse my hair which is still in the cap. After that I got out of the shower, and took the cap off, my hair was kinda wet, but very moisturized, and the twists didn't unravel, like they do if i just rinse them in the shower. I think this method is a keeper.

Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing this! Like you I have type 4 natural hair that I wear ainly in twists. I currenty shampoo 2x per week but thinking of starting rinsing, especially as I'm returning to the gym
I was wondering if my twists would get messed up, but I'll give your idea a try!