Dabur Special Light Oil....Hmmmm

LocksOfLuV

So, I just got back from stocking up on a big bottle of Vatika oil ( 10 oz for only 4.49, it doesn't get any better than this!:yay: ) and I saw a new oil by Dabur called "Special Light oil." Now I have been on the hunt for something SUPER light for when I wear my hair flat ironed and I think this may be it. It is INCREDIBLY light and the smell isn't too bad either. It smells like roses which I don't like the smell of flowers, but a lot of people do so you may be fine with it. It was only 3.99 so I got it.:look:

Anyone try it? I won't get a chance to test run it until May when I wear my hair flat ironed.:perplexed

Here is the pic and stuff:

Dabur Special Hair Oil is a non-sticky light hair oil with the goodness of Lemon and Hibiscus. Lemon gives hair a natural shine while Hibiscus and other natural ingredients strengthen the roots and nourish the hair from deep within - making them thick, lustrous and healthy.

Ingredients:
Hibiscus, lemon, and isoprpyl myristate.

LocksOfLuV

OKay so I just used this on my SO's hair (yes he is my ginuea pig) and talk about weightless SHINE!:eek:

I cant wait to try it on my hair.

dlewis

Well Locks, you just had to ruin my no more buying for the week.

lets see if I can find this on the web.......................

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
It's a fab price....but:

If you order this, make sure that you're placing a decent-sized order. They charge $11 for flat rate shipping.

LocksOfLuV said:
WOW! That's an excellent price.:eek:

Bronzedmuse

LocksOfLuV said:
So, I just got back from stocking up on a big bottle of Vatika oil ( 10 oz for only 4.49, it doesn't get any better than this!:yay: ) and I saw a new oil by Dabur called "Special Light oil." Now I have been on the hunt for something SUPER light for when I wear my hair flat ironed and I think this may be it. It is INCREDIBLY light and the smell isn't too bad either. It smells like roses which I don't like the smell of flowers, but a lot of people do so you may be fine with it. It was only 3.99 so I got it.:look:

Anyone try it? I won't get a chance to test run it until May when I wear my hair flat ironed.:perplexed

Dabur Special Hair Oil is a non-sticky light hair oil with the goodness of Lemon and Hibiscus. Lemon gives hair a natural shine while Hibiscus and other natural ingredients strengthen the roots and nourish the hair from deep within - making them thick, lustrous and healthy.

Ingredients:

I saw this oil on-line somewhere and it had the same ingredients that you have listed. When I went to an Indian store I was excited to see it so I bought it. I decided to read the ingredients after I went home. The very first ingredient I saw on the list was mineral oil :mad: I hate mineral oil!!

I've had it now for a month and haven't bothered to open the bottle. Please let me know if I should give it a try or throw it away.

LocksOfLuV

Bump!

I wanted to post this in the May Misses and Hits thread but this deserves it's own thread.

This stuff is the BOMB! :love: :love: It is so light and the shine is crrrrrazy and it makes my hair super silky. Talk about good stuff. And even tho I don't like the smell of flowers it smells really well with my moisturizer (Sunsilk TLC creme).

Those who want weightless shine and sealing for your flat ironed hair, go with this!

LocksOfLuV

Bronzedmuse said:
I saw this oil on-line somewhere and it had the same ingredients that you have listed. When I went to an Indian store I was excited to see it so I bought it. I decided to read the ingredients after I went home. The very first ingredient I saw on the list was mineral oil :mad: I hate mineral oil!!

I've had it now for a month and haven't bothered to open the bottle. Please let me know if I should give it a try or throw it away.

Mines doesn't have mineral oil, but I say why not give it a try. I don't think one time will kill ya.

LocksOfLuV

MsDee4 said:
How did you use it Miz?

Before or after you flatironed, piece by piece??

Give up the goods!!

I didn't use it at all in the flat ironing process. I leave oils for when I am done.

Basically I moisturize at night, and I apply this stuff in the morning to give me some shine throughout the day!:)

preciousjewel76

Ladies, I'm pretty sure this *does* have mineral oil in it. I've noticed with the Indian oils, the labels aren't always consistent (like with Dabur Amla, I don't think every bottle lists mineral oil, depending on whether the label is in English or Hindi). I got a bottle of this at the Atlanta LHCF meeting and I noticed that mineral oil was listed as an ingredient, so I never bothered to use it.

LocksOfLuV

preciousjewel76 said:
Ladies, I'm pretty sure this *does* have mineral oil in it. I've noticed with the Indian oils, the labels aren't always consistent (like with Dabur Amla, I don't think every bottle lists mineral oil, depending on whether the label is in English or Hindi). I got a bottle of this at the Atlanta LHCF meeting and I noticed that mineral oil was listed as an ingredient, so I never bothered to use it.

Wow!:(

Or maybe they sell different versions like they do the Vatika oil (there was another member here who had the other version)?

If it does contain mineral oil, then hell Imma still keep using it.:lol: This stuff loves my hair.

sungtongs

I think there are other versions floating around. I received a bottle as a gift last August and mine doesn't have mineral oil in it. Is the one with mineral oil a new forumla? (I have to restock mine soon!)

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

Ingredients:

The bolded is mineral oil.