Creme of Nature revisited...

itismehmmkay

So, I noticed on the "stranded island" thread that many of you would take CON (creme of nature) shampoo with you.

What are you guys doing that I'm not.

After a month or so of using this, I have alot of buildup and it almost stops working for me.

How often do you guys use it and do you clarify?

I use CON (green) as my "finishing" shampoo for special occasions (about once a month or less). I use it in my final rinse as it works wonders as a detangler. :yep: It did build up on my hair over time when I used to use it twice a week when my hair was unprocessed, but I always clarify with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo about every 6 weeks.

I have found the key to using CON on my hair is applying it very lighty to the length, I let is penetrate for about 5 minutes and rinse with cool water. My hair is soft, shiny, and tangle-free.

I can't use it either. If I was stranded, CON would be good because it conditions my hair nicely. But, with all the other products I use now, CON does leave too much build up. I stopped using it for that reason.

Of all the years I've known of this board I still haven't tried this shampoo! I'm gonna try it one day! (sorry to hijack :( )

I poured out half the bottle and put water in it. I shake it up and it doesn't leave AS MUCH buildup. But I figure if im stranded on a desert island Im doing one of two things....washing my hair once a month or rinsing it with water everyday and using the CON when my hair doesn't feel clean. I stopped using this every week and now just use it every 3-4 weeks when I want my hair super soft after washing or dont want to use a conditioner. I generally use Tresemme Anti-breakage or Jasons Natural thin-to-thick shampoo & conditioner.

HoneyDew said:
I can't use it either. If I was stranded, CON would be good because it conditions my hair nicely. But, with all the other products I use now, CON does leave too much build up. I stopped using it for that reason.

ITA. It conditions well but not for use with other products. Thats why if stranded and can use only one or two products I would bring it cuz i wouldn't dry my hair out. I would use this w/o other products, just shampoo and go.

i haven't used it either. my friends say its builds up too, but i've heard its very softening from lhcf ladies...i'm not tempted as of yet

Candy_C said:
i haven't used it either. my friends say its builds up too, but i've heard its very softening from lhcf ladies...i'm not tempted as of yet

Seriously, for me it works just as good as Keracare's poo, no better no less.

But it IS cheaper and it does have better/healthier ingredients. I like it, I guess.

Hmmm I dont know why so many people have problems with buildup.. Ive used it since I can remember and I have never experienced build up with CON. I LOVE IT. The price and results are astounding to my hair;...and since im transitioning its even better on my new growth. even when I shampoo with CON w/ braids in my hair i dont get buildup from it. Goes to show how diff everyone is..:cool:

I just started using CON about a month ago. I've only used the poo(red label) and the conditioner maybe 3x since I've gotten it. I do notice it is hard to rinse out, I've followed with a ACV rinse and still feel kinda "soapy" but the detangling, and slip are on Point!!:) I'll continue with them, they are just not going to be my staple products.

Creme of nature is in my rotation.:)

I use it when 1) I am in a rush and dont feel like using a conditioner after a shampoo or condition washing, and 2) I use the ORS Replenishing Pak! Creme of Nature works heavenly with that product. I was almost gonna give it away after using it with my Keracare hydrating and detangling poo b/c the two didnt work well together.

CON (green label) is my main twice weekly shampoo. It is a wonderful moisturizing shampoo, but sometimes is a little too good. :lol: By month's end, I clarify and begin the weekly rotation again. Regular clarifying is the key for me though. And if I happen to get oil happy during the week, then I have to reach for NTM cream lather to lightly clarify my hair-- then its back to CON.

I have yet to find a shampoo that works like CON, with moisture friendly ingredients (sulfate free/mineral oil free :up:),and is also cost effective. For $3 you just can't beat it.

Back