Conair hooded dryer issues

Amour

I brought this stupid hooded dryer
imgres
[/URL][\img] from the states during my visit, I've used it once for about 10 mins until it broke down on me.

I thought this dryers were suppose to be silent like the ones in the hairdressers? This one was really loud, is that how they are suppose to be?

Also smelt like it was burning up, I assume that it was the plastic because it was new? But i don't know.

10 mins in, a red light flashed up the "arm" it of the dryer then it just packed in, I assumed that it had some sort of timer on it but it wouldn't turn on until this morning. Any even then the thing was only hot at the base, there was no air coming out.

I used an adapter like this to make the 2pin US style plug to fit into the UK style 3 pin socket
imgres
[/URL][/img] . But on the adapter it said, suitable for applicances with a maximum of 13 A, 240 V but the dryer has a smaller voltage output could that be the reason? I didn't think it was because I assumed that, that meant the adapter could "cope" with the voltage output of the dryer.

Anyone else had similar problems?

I shouldn't have brought the dryer from abroad, because now I can't even take it back but it was soo cheap like $30 which is like $15 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back