Cold water rinsers

Honi

There is no board.
I just read in an MSN article about rinsing with cold water being bad for growth. It makes sense but I don't know if anyone will suffer the effects longterm since it's temporary?? I dunno

Here is the article link: women.msn.com/83656.armx

This is what the article reads:

Rinse your hair with cold water to make it shine.

The theory is that a final rinse with cold water after your shampoo seals the cuticle, helping it to reflect more light. But according to hair and scalp expert Philip Kingsley, author of Hair, An Owner's Handbook (Aurum Press, 1995), lowering the water temperature won't enhance shine. In fact, cold water constricts the blood vessels of the scalp, temporarily cutting off the supply of nutrients needed for healthy hair. What helps give hair a pretty sheen? Rinsing thoroughly so that no dulling shampoo residue remains on your hair.

Spagirl

I want to say "hog wash". Not so according to hair stylist Marvin see "Hair tips" link in my signature below. That thread also gives an explanation for why it works maybe somewhere after the 10th or 15th posting. HTH!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Well,

I do know that if the water is too warm/hot then you'll rinse out more of the good stuff that's supposed to stay in your hair than if the water was not as hot.

I do lukewarm though. I just can't bring myself to do the cold thing yet. (don't think I ever will)

Thanks for the article.

AnjelLuvs

I heard that you are suppose to rinse with cool water, it even says on my conditioner to rinse with cool water