Clip-in Ponytail Breakage Help

LexiDior

Ok so i no longer wear these clip pony tails but sadly my aunts still do. I recently told my family about my new hair care journey so since then ive gotten lots of questions. So my aunt who is natural but looks relaxed asked me to tell her what i thought about her hair. I was horrified by all the things i saw. She has a bald spot from using the ponytails and very thin edges from pulling her hair up too tightly.

I have no idea what to tell her to do to regrow her hair. Im relaxed so what works for me may not work for her. Since i am now the hair guru in my family im coming here to my secret weapon to ask for advice.:thought:

For regrowing and preventing more damage from the ponytails I would start by moving the tail to different spots, not pulling the hair back too tightly, and maybe try a different type of clip on? I know they make fake buns that look really nice, you. Could bobby pin those on and maybe even baggy under them :)

Definitely moving the ponytails around to differentl locations, not pulling so tightly and avoiding the combs digging in her scalp. Rubbing the area and trying to not wear the style all the time.

Bald spot? How about stop wearing ponytails! She needs a style that doesn't stress her tresses. She may want to try wigs/half wigs so she can remedy the problem.

Back