Church Recommendations-Chicago

Chrissy811

Can someone recommend a church in Chicago? I really need a spirit filled bible teaching church, I don't need a big chior and a lot of activities just somewhere where the word is really going forth.

Thanks in advance.

Sashaa08

When I lived in the City, I attended Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church (The Ship). They have a smaller service on Saturday mornings (at least they did when I was there) which was really cozy and laid back. On Sundays, it is PACKED but definitely enjoyable-just depends on what you are looking for. Good luck!

Evolving78

i live in the south suburbs. I attend Cornerstone Christian Center in Chicago Heights. It is a bible based teaching church that focuses on praise and worship. The pastor's name is Greg Howse. The church has a website too.

SEMO

My cousin lives in Chicago and she LOVES her church (she won't move away b/c she loves it so much). I believe the name of the church is Fellowship Baptist Church. I'll double check with my cousin about the name.

Chrissy811

Hmmm o.k. I see 2 votes for fellowship, I believe my grandmother used to belong to this church a long time about 70's and 80's when Rev. Clay Evans was Pastor. I have seen some of the recent sermons on T.V. I am going to add this to my visitation list.

Chrissy811

i live in the south suburbs. I attend Cornerstone Christian Center in Chicago Heights. It is a bible based teaching church that focuses on praise and worship. The pastor's name is Greg Howse. The church has a website too.

This sounds very familar to me...why do I feel I have met Greg House before? But praise and worship teachings sound good since that is what we were made to do. I will add it to my list.

chicago1975

I live in the far western suburbs and attend Salem Baptist on the southside. The pastor there is Rev. Meeks. The word is definitely preached. Fellowship has a dynamic ministry from what I heard, too.

Evolving78

This sounds very familar to me...why do I feel I have met Greg House before? But praise and worship teachings sound good since that is what we were made to do. I will add it to my list.

i feel like i'm in class when i go to church. the pastor has printed out notes that follow his sermon. he also has the notes displayed on the big screen and we fill in the blanks on the spaces provided. it feels more like bible study than someone just standing up their preaching. when we do praise and worship the words are shown on the big screen as well so that everyone can participate. the choir sings on special occasions.

wheezy807

I go to my aunt's church Christ Temple Apostolic Church, Pastor D. Rayford Bell. 14 South Ashland Ave.