Cheapest hood dryer that WORKS well??

Nubianrose

hey yall wassup, im about to take my braids out next week and i would like to get a hood dryer so i can dep conditon..rolerset and what not. Now should i get the Lazy Dazy one or the Hot Tools one? The next question is, where have any of you ladies purchased either one? thanks,
Nubianrose

Ladey Dazey is probably the cheapest out there and it WORKS! I think someone posted previously that Hot Tools and Lady Dazey are made by the same company (?). They might be the same models--someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My last Lady Dazey was purchased at good ol' Woolworth's (before they all shut down). /images/graemlins/frown.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hot Tools and Lady Dazey are made by the same company (?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes that's true. Lady Dazey's were about 10 dollars cheaper than the HotTools but I couldn't find one locally so I went with the Hot Tools and it gets very hot and the air blows evenly.

You can get the Hot Tools from www.ballbeauty.com for around $50. but I got mine for $39.99 at a local beauty supply store.

And you can get the Lady Dazey for $28.99 here:

http://www.hectorshardware.com/bonhairdryer.html

HTH
Valleygirl

I concur. I really like my Lady Dazey and mine is so old the handle snapped off years ago. hahahaha I gotta carry it around in my arms. I don't care though cuz that joker STILL works. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'd still like to find a bonnet dryer though maybe I'll go huntin for one online.

bump

Okay, I finally invested in a bonnet dryer called Gold N Hot soft bonnet dryer for $39.99 and it's not very versatile when it comes to drying. I mean, it looks really cute with the clear plastic cover and the black case and all, but it only has two heat settings--both heat. I tried using the low one to dry my hair while wearing a scarf and the heat got to be too much after maybe 10 min. I had to take breaks.

I'm returning this tomorrow to get the Hot Tools one, which I actually saw there for $10 cheaper. The Hot tools one, after reading up on it, has the cool setting that I'm looking for. The hot air is great for deep conditioning, but for the price I'm paying I'd like a cool temp for quick, heat-free drying as well!

I bought a really old one from ebay a couple of months back. It's vintage...from the 60s...but it works great! There are 4 or 5 settings...I cant remember. I got it for 20 dollars.

I love the Dazey Natural Wonder dryer. I've used it for years and it dries my hair thoroughly. I'm not sure how it differs from the Lady Dazey but they're both made by the same company. I've had my Dazey Natural Wonder dryer for 4 or 5 years and I use it for all my rollersets.

If you have a Chatham Beauty in your city (they're all over Chicago) They have a Remi Edition Portable 1200 watt Hood Salon Dryer on sale for $18.97. Also there is a coupon on chathambeauty.com for an additional 15% off.

ok, another review....

I traided in the Gold N Hot for the Hot Tools for the same price. I just tried out the Hot Tools and I think I'll be returning it too
frown.gif
. The first thing I noticed was that the air pressure is so low, no matter what setting. It looks like I'll be sitting under that thing forever to get my hair dried. The bonnet was softer than that of the Gold N Hot and can be tightened with a thin elastic band-- I like the hood for the Gold N Hot much better because the plastic it's made of is much 'tighter' and sturdier, and has a strip of elastic at the top and a shoelace at the other end to tie around your neck. I thought it was funny, but now I like that a lot better. Also, the Hot tools omited a strange odor as I was running it--ladies, does this happen with yours?

I'm gonna run it again tomorrow after washing my hair and I'll check it out again. But this isn't worth $40, or even $30. But my next purchase is the Lady Daze one, if I can find it.

Back