Cheaper silk bonnet

So pretty antoinet's was high? It's the only one that looks like a real silk bonnet.. Is that one from prettywrap real silk? It looked like it was friends with Polly and Esther...:look:

Lmao, It said real silk, ill see when it gets here.:look: pretty antoinet's with shipping would be over $30.00 for 1 bonnet. I couldn't get down with that.

Lmao, It said real silk, ill see when it gets here.:look: pretty antoinet's with shipping would be over $30.00 for 1 bonnet. I couldn't get down with that.

Hmmm... let me go look at it again.......:lachen:

The shipping was only 2.25 for me.. that's why I was like..might as well get one that looks decent. :look: Yeah mine was $25 after shipping... but if it lasts....I don't mind. My one little silk scarf that I have... I paid $19 for it.. and it's been a little trooper.. So it's between getting this bonnet for $25 or getting the silk pillowcase off ebay (do I still need to wrap it if I sleep on a silk pillow case)...

I recieved my prettywrap just now in the mail. Fast shipping and was packaged nicely. Its like a bonnet sew into a silk scarf, it feels nice to the touch and the inside of the bonnet is silky. I will use it sometime this weekend to see how i like it. But it looks really nice.

Eta: This would not be an ideal scarf for someone who has very long or very thick hair, unless maybe its braided or bunned. It has a snug fit but not alot of extra room, i might email her and see if she has different sizes but for now its a perfect fit for my hair.

Last edited:
I recieved my prettywrap just now in the mail. Fast shipping and was packaged nicely. Its like a bonnet sew into a silk scarf, it feels nice to the touch and the inside of the bonnet is silky. I will use it sometime this weekend to see how i like it. But it looks really nice.

YAY! :yay: I can't wait to see/hear how it works! :grin: Glad it arrived.

YAY! :yay: I can't wait to see/hear how it works! :grin: Glad it arrived.

I sure will update, i tried it on and it fits perfect but the bonnet part does not have a lot of room. Unless its just my big head:look:. It will definatly work for now.

Eta: here is a photo of the underside of the scarf the bonnet part, for anyone who is curious.

picture.php

Last edited:
I sure will update, i tried it on and it fits perfect but the bonnet part does not have a lot of room. Unless its just my big head:look:. It will definatly work for now.

Eta: here is a photo of the underside of the scarf the bonnet part, for anyone who is curious.
picture.php

I am interested about the underside? Don't see a Photo?:perplexed At least since it's "snug" you won't find it on the other side of the bed when you wake up:lachen:

If it works for you, I am getting one. (or 2 :look:)

I wake up several times a night, re-tying my silk scarves.:ohwell:

I go to the fabric store and buy a couple of yards of whatever silk is on sale. Then I cut it up for whatever I need it for. I make headbands, cut thin strips to do my puff with, use big pieces to dry my hair with it, and cut other shapes to use as a scarf.

I think I spent 10$ on 2 yards of fabric and got 2-3scarves, like 10 headbands, and one hair towel out of it.

Hmmm... let me go look at it again.......:lachen:

The shipping was only 2.25 for me.. that's why I was like..might as well get one that looks decent. :look: Yeah mine was $25 after shipping... but if it lasts....I don't mind. My one little silk scarf that I have... I paid $19 for it.. and it's been a little trooper.. So it's between getting this bonnet for $25 or getting the silk pillowcase off ebay (do I still need to wrap it if I sleep on a silk pillow case)...

Yes. supposedly silk pillow cases, keep you looking younger and prevent sleep wrinkles that cotton and other pillowcases cause

I stumbled upon this thread while searching for information about silk bonnets on the Web.

Make no mistake, pure silk bonnets are expensive. I found this one on Amazon that, while beautiful and seemingly functional, is over $60:

Charmeuse Silk Sleep Bonnet

I'm going to see what I find on Etsy. If I can't find what I need there, I will consider making my own.

You should check out ebonicurls' shop on Etsy. I bought an ebonnette for $45. It isn't silk, but charmeuse (not sure of spelling) satin. I love it!

Back