Care package from India

Coffee

I just received a care package of hair items from India. I've been corresponding with a lady there for about 6 months. I told her about trying to find some India Hair goods and this is what she sent me:

Shikakai shampoo bar soap
Saini Herbal Hair Oil
Arnica Hair Oil
Shalocks Hair Oil
Brahmi Amla Oil
Flame of the Forrest Hair Oil for scaling scalp and hair loss
Bhringraj Oil for Promoting Hair growth
Mahabhringraj Oil
Henna Leaf Conditioning & Vitalising Hair Powder

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2031504190036511612xbZGlZ

Last edited:

Creatividual

OOOOOOOOO! Nice! Enjoy all that stuff for me too! :grin:I'm just now getting hip to the Indian hair products game and I'm lovin it, especially the hair oils. *comtemplates getting a pen pal in India*

Coffee

I will for sure give feedback on the items as I use them. She contacted me via our church website asking for prayer for the people in India and especially what she was trying to do of speading the word of Jesus Christ to some young ladies. She sent me some pictures and she is just beautiful inside and out. I'll ask her more about her hair care, I just basically mentioned that I was unable to locate some of the products and if she knew of a place in India I could order from. We never know how or who we will be blessed by.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
That is really so sweet of her....I need to get on my hair care game with the Indian hair products!

sikora

OOOOOOOOO! Nice! Enjoy all that stuff for me too! :grin:I'm just now getting hip to the Indian hair products game and I'm lovin it, especially the hair oils. *comtemplates getting a pen pal in India*

:lachen::lachen:you're not alone. I was wondering where I could sign up :blush:

lovelymissyoli

That was really sweet of her!

A little OT...but can you explain why one of those products is made from a company called "Swastick" and why it has the swastika symbol on it? Something about that product is rubbing me the wrong way!? :nono: I don't know if I'd be able to support that particular brand of shikakai! :blush:

Coffee

What I found interesting was the package they she sent the hair products in. The box looked like it was covered in what looked like a flour bag and then the edges were sewn together. The address was then written in black marking pen...very different!! Here's a link that shows a picture. The paper label was put on by the postal service.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2036725340036511612YjMmGa

Coffee

A little OT...but can you explain why one of those products is made from a company called "Swastick" and why it has the swastika symbol on it? Something about that product is rubbing me the wrong way!? :nono: I don't know if I'd be able to support that particular brand of shikakai! :blush:

I'm sorry but I am unable to explain that to you since I received the items as a gift.

JustKiya

I can't see the pictures (damn netnanny!) but, the swastika symbol was originally a Sanskrit symbol for good luck - the Nazis took it, and revamped it for their own horrid purposes. It's rather like an upside down cross or pentagram - a once beautiful symbol that was turned into something hateful.

So, considering the products were from India, I suspect the brand name is something along the lines of 'Good Hair', and the sender was only vaguely aware of the negative connotations in the Western World.

Last edited:

nappity

I can't see the pictures (damn netnanny!) but, the swastika symbol was originally a Sanskrit symbol for good luck - the Nazis took it, and revamped it for their own horrid purposes. It's rather like an upside down cross or pentagram - a once beautiful symbol that was turned into something hateful.
now thats the truth right there!

cicilypayne

That is so nice of her what can we do here to help her with her cause. Prayer lines, thoughts of encouragement, reading materials?

Coffee

So, considering the products were from India, I suspect the brand name is something along the lines of 'Good Hair', and the sender was only vaguely aware of the negative connotations in the Western World.

Thank you so much for that information, I had no idea :blush:.

Coffee

That is so nice of her what can we do here to help her with her cause. Prayer lines, thoughts of encouragement, reading materials?

I think all of the above would be welcome, thank you for thinking of her and her struggles.

Crissi

Be calm its not actually the swastika. I worried about this, were i live them majority of people our indian and caribbean. On one of the pub windows they had that sign up when they were celebrating Diwali. I got worried and i asked my a few 2 of my friends (who are indian). It is called the Rangoli (or something like that) and its 2000-3000 yrs old and it has something to do with peace, its apart of Hinduaism (sp), and they have no idea why Hitler used it.

ETA:

"Swastika (Sathiyo) Keeping in mind the welfare of its people, Hindu culture has given a gift of many symbols to its people. With the help of these symbols, an ordinary person can tread the path of liberation."

http://www.jksm.org.uk/culture_swastika.php

ETA: Oh and i hope these products really work for you. God really does do things his way, we as we know all things work together!

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
That was very generous of her. :yep:

What a nice story too about how the two of you came to be in touch. :)

mochamadness

Going the Distance
She sent you the good stuff! I've tried many of the products that you mentioned and they are fantastic! I'm sure you'll like them all.

Lavendar

Obviously, you have been as much a blessing to her as she to you. Hope these products work well for you!!!

lovelymissyoli

Thank you for explaining that!

Coffee

Well I finally used Henna Leaf Conditioning & Vitalising Hair Powder that came with my care package from India and all I can say is WOW...WOW...WOW. It's a powder that you mix with water and put on your hair (dry) for 30 minutes, then shampoo. I'm like, "is this MY hair I'm feeling". It's soft, shiny, has body and just all over feelin great!!