Cantu Shea Butter Leave In users...no white balls?

AsTheCurlzTurns

Just wondering if any of you who use this product found a way to use it where no white balls form? I KNOW I read somewhere of someone using it as a combo with something else, which in most cases lots of people say this product doesn't mix well with others.

So what products do you in conjunction with this product that does not give you the white balls look? TIA!

I haven't experienced this, are you using it on wet or dry hair? I use it on wet hair for my twists and the only complaint I had was it made my hair a little hard when used alone. I now add Jojoba Oil, EVCO, and EVOO and it makes my hair incredibly soft. If you have any EVOO or EVCO try that to see if it helps.

Edit-I use this on my wet hair

Last edited:
I haven't had any white balls, I've only been using it for 2 weeks though. I use it on damp hair with castor oil to seal, no problems so far.

Edit: I sometimes use a leave in before applying it- giovanni direct

This has been my only leave in for a while now, still on my first jar. I haven't experienced any white balls:ohwell:. I use it on wet hair and dry, with my moisturizers which vary, with oils and whatever else I throw in my head. Did I get the only good jar?:look:

Last edited:
Okay maybe I didn't word my post right, but I was thinking more along the lines of what can be used with it that won't create the white balls. I love my Cantu and I do mix it with some evoo and castor oil, it's the best. Ok what I am getting at is this, when I have this on my hair, I'm afraid to put anything else on it, even like the next day or 2 for fear of white balls forming (although I have yet to experience it). Just don't want to set myself up for disasterous results. Hence why I was wondering what combos work for anyone who use this product. Maybe it'll reduce my fear LOL, cuz otherwise I'd wash it and then proceed to use whatever else I'm wanting to use. Hopefully this makes more sense.

I've found that if you use Cantu with any leave-in that contains glycerin or aloe vera, the white balls will appear.

This has been my only leave in for a while now, still on my first jar. I haven't experienced any white balls:ohwell:. I use it on wet hair and dry, with my moisturizers which vary, with oils and whatever else I through in my head. Did I get the only good jar?:look:

Ditto! I love love love this leave in for just about everything. I think maybe wet/damp hair is the key.:yep:

I only reacts like that with products that contain gel (including aloe vera gel). I alot of people tried to use it as a leave in and then put the fantasia gel or something on top and you can't. I tried to put gel on my edges with my braid out and because the cantu was in there (that's what I used before I plaited it) it brought up the white gummies. The cantu clings to the gel clumps/bits for some reason. I'm not sure about oil as I do not use oil in my hair. It'll still happen a few days down the line like say I used it as a leave in and then decided to pull my hair back later in the week. White gummy crap all through my hair. I had to wash it like 4 times to get it out. If you use it and try to go onto another product without washing the Cantu out it will react weird.

Last edited:
Okay maybe I didn't word my post right, but I was thinking more along the lines of what can be used with it that won't create the white balls. I love my Cantu and I do mix it with some evoo and castor oil, it's the best. Ok what I am getting at is this, when I have this on my hair, I'm afraid to put anything else on it, even like the next day or 2 for fear of white balls forming (although I have yet to experience it). Just don't want to set myself up for disasterous results. Hence why I was wondering what combos work for anyone who use this product. Maybe it'll reduce my fear LOL, cuz otherwise I'd wash it and then proceed to use whatever else I'm wanting to use. Hopefully this makes more sense.

OH! Well, i use it KeraCare Moisturizer, EVOO, tea tree oil, ORS lotion, basically everything I use... Don't be scared, try it out.

I've found that if you use Cantu with any leave-in that contains glycerin or aloe vera, the white balls will appear.

See, I don't use either of these.

Thanks for the clarification, I have never applied a gel after using the cantu, now I know I won't LOL

I have only applied more cantu on the 2nd/3rd day followed by oil again.

I hate this product...it retired to my trash can after 2 weeks

Oh gosh, so that rules out alot of my products if this is the case (glycerin):sad:

I only reacts like that with products that contain gel (including aloe vera gel). I alot of people tried to use it as a leave in and then put the fantasia gel or something on top and you can't. I tried to put gel on my edges with my braid out and because the cantu was in there (that's what I used before I plaited it) it brought up the white gummies. The cantu clings to the gel clumps/bits for some reason. I'm not sure about oil as I do not use oil in my hair. It'll still happen a few days down the line like say I used it as a leave in and then decided to pull my hair back later in the week. White gummy crap all through my hair. I had to wash it like 4 times to get it out. If you use it and try to go onto another product without washing the Cantu out it will react weird.
Thanks for letting me know your experience, I'm definitely not doing this and I love me some fantasia gel too.

OH! Well, i use it KeraCare Moisturizer, EVOO, tea tree oil, ORS lotion, basically everything I use... Don't be scared, try it out.
No longer scared, I'm not doing it LOL kblc and glamazon done scared me straight now LOL

Thanks for the clarification, I have never applied a gel after using the cantu, now I know I won't LOL

I have only applied more cantu on the 2nd/3rd day followed by oil again.
On the bolded, no problem at all, it's my fault I wasn't more clear with what I was asking for. As for not doing it? LOL You and me both!:lachen:

I hate this product...it retired to my trash can after 2 weeks
Darn I would have gladly taken it off your hands though, sorry it didn't work for you.

Back