Cancer causing ingredient found in women's shampoos/kids bath products

PhonyBaloney500

WASHINGTON — A hidden cancer-causing petrochemical has been found in dozens of children’s bath products and adults’ personal care products, in some cases at levels that are more than twice the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s lenient recommended maximum.

Laboratory tests released today revealed the presence of 1,4-Dioxane in products such as Hello Kitty Bubble Bath, Huggies Baby Wash, Johnson’s Baby Wash, Scooby-Doo Bubble Bath and Sesame Street Bubble Bath. The tests also found the carcinogen in Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo, Olay Complete Body Wash and many other personal care products.

http://www.breastcancerfund.org/site/pp.aspx?c=kwKXLdPaE&b=2483603

I read stuff like this in "Natural Cures they don't want you to know about" that chemicals are added in products on purpose. Thanks for the heads up. If these products causes cancer...it looks like the FDA ensured their future $15 billion check by the future generation.

This is the reason I make all my own shampoos, conditions, lotions and body scrubs for my entire family. When I learned the were putting propane in my daughters elmo body wash, I was out done. If I don't make it, I makes sure whatever I buy has all natural ingredients before I bring it home.

deontaer said:
This is the reason I make all my own shampoos, conditions, lotions and body scrubs for my entire family. When I learned the were putting propane in my daughters elmo body wash, I was out done. If I don't make it, I makes sure whatever I buy has all natural ingredients before I bring it home.
What she said. It is sad how the manufacturers don't care about us or the environment. Q

deontaer said:

I tried some natural products, but all of them don't work as well as the regular shampoos and conditioners, so I alternate with them. One natural shampoo for the first wash and CON for the second wash. Aubrey Organics conditioners are fine with my hair. I've been using them consistently for almost two years now, and I know there are recipes in this website to make our own natural products.

Back