Can Some Please Tell Me The Name Of This Song

MzOptimistic

Hi Ladies,

Can you please help a sister out. I just ordered alot of Gospel Cd's but there is a song that is stuck in my head but I do not know who wrote it...I don't have much of the words but here goes:

I AM NOT FORGOTTON, I AM NOT FORGOTTEN, I AM NOT FORGOTTEN...GOD KNOWS MY NAME.

I would be so grateful if someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Tanya

Girl, if you love that song, you have GOT to get the Live in Africa DVD. You will be praising up a storm. I LOVE THAT SONG and the whole DVD/CD is the bomb.

Chorus: I am not forgotten I am not forgotten I am not forgotten God knows my name he knows my name

Verse: Light over darkness strength over weakness joy over sadness he knows my name father to the fatherless friend to the friendless hope for the hopeless he knows my name

Bridge: I will praise you I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made

Vamp: I am not forgotten never forsaken

Reprise of Not Forgotten

Last edited:
crlsweetie912 said:
Girl, if you love that song, you have GOT to get the Live in Africa DVD. You will be praising up a storm. I LOVE THAT SONG and the whole DVD/CD is the bomb.

Chorus: I am not forgotten I am not forgotten I am not forgotten God knows my name he knows my name

Verse: Light over darkness strength over weakness joy over sadness he knows my name father to the fatherless friend to the friendless hope for the hopeless he knows my name

Bridge: I will praise you I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made

Vamp: I am not forgotten never forsaken

Reprise of Not Forgotten

Girl, I'm in the process of ordering the dvd/combo set. I ordered about 7 cd's and I'm waiting for them. I don't know why this song stuck in my head believe it or not. I have not really heard the whole song. I was watching a gospel concert on BET months ago and yesterday that part of the song just kept entering my mind and before I knew it I was saying it out loud..I AM NOT FORGOTTEN, I AM NOT FORGOTTEN , I AM NOT FORGOTTEN, GOD KNOWS MY NAME...I am going to order this cd/dvd combo..thanks for posting the lyrics:kiss:

Last edited:
NO PROBLEM! I love his music. I am gonna start buying some of the older CD's. This DVD will not dissapoint you. I am telling you, you will be praising up a storm. He seems like such a cool person. The concert was ANNOINTED!

Not trying to brag (LOL!) but I have ALL of Israel and New Breed's CDs, including their brand new Christmas CD "A Timeless Christmas". Really admire their music ministry. Every CD of Israel's is WORTH IT!

RelaxerRehab said:
Not trying to brag (LOL!) but I have ALL of Israel and New Breed's CDs, including their brand new Christmas CD "A Timeless Christmas". Really admire their music ministry. Every CD of Israel's is WORTH IT!

Isn't this Isreal Houlton (sp?) who created "I am a Friend of God" ? I love that song...actually my whole family does.

That song makes me cry ... happy tears. ;)

yup shimmie, they are one and the same. Our dance team danced to this for our Leadership Appreciation ceremony and EVERYBODY was crying!

Back