Can I use Aphogee Treatment & 2 min Reconstructor?

atemeus_itali

Hello Everyone!

I want to know if I can use the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair every 6 weeks and the 2 minute Reconstructor every week when I wash? I currently use the Treatment every 6 weeks, but I realize I need milder protein inbetween the Treatment.

I went on Aphogee's website and searched past threads here, but didn't find an answer. I figure the line was designed to use both products and I wanted to ask the lovely ladies at LHCF before trying to email Aphogee.
Thanks!!!

MzOptimistic

I don't see why you can't use the 2 min Recon every week. It should not hurt, since it's a mild treatment. I use a mild protein every week also but I rotate of course:grin:

hothair

You're welcome:yep:

:band:OMG TSmith your hair has GROWN! You'll be brastrap in no time!

Sorry back to OP I don't see why not but then my hair loves protein try it and see if you start getting any adverse effects you can cut down so pay attention to your hair:yep:

dillard

that should be fine. i think my hair likes protein too. i use the reconstructor every week. you might find that you don't need to use the hardcore one every 6 weeks anymore...

Brownie518

that should be fine. i think my hair likes protein too. i use the reconstructor every week. you might find that you don't need to use the hardcore one every 6 weeks anymore...

:yep:That's what I was thinking. I don't use the hardcore anymore. I just don't like how hard and dry it makes my hair. I think it did more harm than good. I have been doing light/med proteins weekly for most of the year now and my hair has been thriving. It is so much better for me.

atemeus_itali

Thanks everyone for responding! I agree with both of you Dilliard & Brownie518! I hope I will be able to just use the reconstructer instead of the treatment. thanks for all the help everyone. I'm going to start using the reconstructor the week after my retouch

scarcity21

how do y'all use the 2min recon.?
is it pre-poo, wash, 2 min reconstruct, DC, rinse, leave-in?
OR
pre-poo, wash, DC,2 min reconstruct, rinse, leave-in?

also, can natural 4's use the 2 min reconstructor?
TIA

atemeus_itali

pre-poo, wash, 2 min reconstruct, DC, rinse, leave-in?

This is what I plan to do. I'm not sure how effective it is on natural hair though. This is what it says about the 2 min reconstructor on the website:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dry, brittle hair with cuticle and cortex damage requires special help. ApHOGEE Keratin Reconstructor provides a weekly regimen that can be prescribed for home use between salon visits. This concentrated blend of keratin amino acids, botanical oils, and vitamins does wonders to restore strength and softness to hair that requires a deep penetrating treatment. Outstanding on tinted, bleached or relaxed hair. Helps repair damage caused by chlorine and hard water. Soothes the scalp and may be applied following each shampooing until the condition of the hair is restored. [/FONT]

http://www.aphogee.com/keratin.cfm

Looking around on their site it doesn't specifically say you can't use it on natural hair. I've heard if you email them, they are relatively quick with a response.
[/FONT]

dillard

how do y'all use the 2min recon.?
is it pre-poo, wash, 2 min reconstruct, DC, rinse, leave-in?
OR
pre-poo, wash, DC,2 min reconstruct, rinse, leave-in?

also, can natural 4's use the 2 min reconstructor?
TIA

i actually use it as a dc for 15 minutes on my dry hair b4 washing, so like this:
reconstructor, shampoo, moisturizing conditioner

scarcity21

This is what I plan to do. I'm not sure how effective it is on natural hair though. This is what it says about the 2 min reconstructor on the website:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dry, brittle hair with cuticle and cortex damage requires special help. ApHOGEE Keratin Reconstructor provides a weekly regimen that can be prescribed for home use between salon visits. This concentrated blend of keratin amino acids, botanical oils, and vitamins does wonders to restore strength and softness to hair that requires a deep penetrating treatment. Outstanding on tinted, bleached or relaxed hair. Helps repair damage caused by chlorine and hard water. Soothes the scalp and may be applied following each shampooing until the condition of the hair is restored.

http://www.aphogee.com/keratin.cfm

Looking around on their site it doesn't specifically say you can't use it on natural hair. I've heard if you email them, they are relatively quick with a response.
[/FONT]

U know the PJ in me went and bought it but i havent used it yet:)