Can Color Rinses Be Applied Often?

Lady_Lioness

I would like to know if color rinses can be applied often? About 3 weeks ago...my stylist had applied a rinse (Clairol's Beautiful Collection in black) on my hair...and now 3 weeks later the color is washed out and my red highlights is starting to show...Would it be safe for me to do another rinse now?...or Should I wait till my next touch-up, which will be in 10 more weeks?

Thanx:)

kim

You can apply them as often as needed. However, when I use them I apply them after relaxing too because it seems that the relaxer strips the color out.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
As long as it doesn't contain any harsh ingredients such as ammonia or peroxide, I would say it's safe to apply it often. When I was on a red semi-permanent kick, I applied it once every 4 to 6 weeks without any problems.

kim

locabouthair said:
im natural and my hair is black. if i wanted a brown or reddish color could I use a rinse?

It's mostly impossible to do this with a rinse. You have to use something stronger that will lift the color. I say "mostly impossible" because when my hair was black it had some natural browness to it from the sun. And I use the sebastian colorshine ( I forget the name of the color, but it was reddish-brownish) and I did get a reddish-brownish tint from it. But usually you have to use something to lift the black. Hope that helps!!

Mizani_Mrs

Colourshines suggests you reapply the rinse every 4 to 6 weeks. So yes, you can use it often. As long as it doesn't contain amonia or peroxide or alcohol. As far as the young lady who is natural and wants to try a reddish rinse. I'd highly suggest trying colourshines in the cinnamon color. it's a beautiful cinnamon colored tint that doesn't look shockingly fake. I have dark dark brown hair and it colored my hair nicely so i imagine it'll do te same for you unless your hair is deep deep black. Also, i'm not sure if it works as good on naturals, but i cant think of a reason why it wouldnt....

morehairplease

Mizani_Mrs said:
Colourshines suggests you reapply the rinse every 4 to 6 weeks. So yes, you can use it often. As long as it doesn't contain amonia or peroxide or alcohol. As far as the young lady who is natural and wants to try a reddish rinse. I'd highly suggest trying colourshines in the cinnamon color. it's a beautiful cinnamon colored tint that doesn't look shockingly fake. I have dark dark brown hair and it colored my hair nicely so i imagine it'll do te same for you unless your hair is deep deep black. Also, i'm not sure if it works as good on naturals, but i cant think of a reason why it wouldnt....

thanks for posting this Mizani_Mrs! I am getting a rinse(sebestian's) the next time I get a relaxer,hopefully.

aileendq

Hey LL:

Completely off topic, but: Your hair is freakin' gorgeous! I LOVE those waves.

Are you natural?

A

Lady_Lioness

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Okay Lady Lioness, give up the details of how you did that beautiful braid out. :)

Lol:)...no problem PBE...The first thing I did was drenched my whole hair with Wave Nouveau moisturizing lotion...then I sealed it in with NTM serum...I made about 8-9 medium size cornrows all going back...and applied small perm rods to the ends of the cornrows...I then put on my satin bonnet and went off to bed...the next morning I removed the rods, then applied a little bit of the wave nouveau to the palm of my hands, I started unraveling the braids with my fingers, and seperated each wave piece by piece...this made my hair appear more thicker and fuller.

Lady_Lioness

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Thanks, its so pretty. You did this on dry hair? Will you have to re-do it again each night or just put on a bonnet?

Thanx:)...Yes i did do this on dry hair...I didn't co-wash or washed my hair in anyway...the only thing I added to keep it moist was wave nouveau...I would definetely have to comb it out and yes re-do the cornrows again...if I didn't and just add my satin bonnet and went off to bed...the next morning my waves would end up all flat.