Can anyone recommend great deep conditioners...specifically for deep conditioning

karebear0610

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to Long Hair Care forum...currently transitioning out of a horrible press and curl that has left my hair with straight ends. I currently deep condition about 2-3 times a week but am looking for a conditioner that is specifically for deep conditioning (not the one's that have leave for 2-3 minutes in the directions). Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help, plus I will set up my profile with pictures!!!

Qualitee

You can deep con with any con. Even if it says 3-4 mins. My fav deep con says some thing like that and I still deep con for 30 - 1 hour. what kind of con do you want? Protein or mositure? HTH And WELCOME TO LHCF SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karebear0610

Looking for a little of both protein cause i have some breakage and moisture because I have dry hair, thanks ladies!!!

InnerSoul

Looking for a little of both protein cause i have some breakage and moisture because I have dry hair, thanks ladies!!!

www.ubhpublications.com Ultra black hair deep conditioner to be used with heat only. You have to sit under the dryer w/ plastic cap for about 20 minutes.

the deep conditioner has peppermint oil and menthol that tingles the scalp while the aloe vera moisturizes and strengthens the hair. I LURVE this stuff.

dang, I sound like a commercial!:drunk:

Leeda.the.Paladin

Welcome to LHCF! I really like Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose and homemade caramel treatments. I'm still experimenting with others.

MrsLack

I just did a deep conditioner last night with the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose and it came out great! I am also new so I just did a search on the forum for reccomendations, and it seems like a lot of people like this one. I did it on dry hair and did a scalp masage with coconut oil first. Sealed it with oil and put it up in a couple of braids over night, then put it in a bun this morning. This is good because my hair was so soft this morning I would have been in my hair all day!

Last week I deep conditioned with Aubrey Oganics GPB protein conditioner on my dry hair then moisturized with the Honeysuckle Rose after and my hair was like silk!

HTH!

Last edited:

naturally-devine

Welcome to the board. I started using ORS Replenishing Pack about 1 month ago. It has truly helped with my transition (9 months post relaxer). I have also used Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask (that works really good as well). As for protein, I use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment, but only every 3-4 months. HTH

spacetygrss

If you need something with a little protein and moisture ORS Replenishing Paks are great (you can buy the big bottle that says "professional" on it as well.

If protein is what you need Joico KPAK is great. It's not too heavy so is a good place to start.

I love Joico Moisture Recovery Balm for a good moisturizing Deep Conditioning.

Welcome to LHCF! :)