calling all relaxed heads. I need help.

nomoweavesfome

I am very confused about what my next relaxer should be.
I am currently on lye for 2 years (optimum) which did me great in the beginning. Now it doesn't work.
My hair is underprocessed and overprocessed and very fragile and delicate.
i do notice that my hair appears to take on a silkier feel than the no- lye but it doesn't look silky because it's so underprocessed. but I'm not going to front, the no-lye had my hair thicker and stronger. I was actually satisfied until one day I went to the hairdresser for a perm and she was like your hair is rough what type of relaxer you use and I was like fabulaxer no -lye and she was like no ma'am. and slapped some Mizani lye and burned the living day lights out of me. :eek:

I really hate :mad: perms becuase all of them burn me and aside from my eczema episode in the nape, I really believe that I may have some damaged follicles because of this.

Now that I reflect I believe the no-lye may have been better for me. Ok so fabulaxer is probably outdated and may not be comparable to what's out today so I want to try something a little more top of the line.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND I CANNOT AFFORD TO MESS THIS NEXT ONE UP. I REALLY NEED YOU GUYS HELP. I HAVE 3 INCHES OF NEW GROWTH PLUS 3INCHES OF UNDERPROCESSED HAIR AND THE LAST 3 INCHES ON THE ENDS ARE OVERPROCESSED.

IF I MESS UP AGAIN I'M DOOMED.:perplexed
based off my stats, does Phyto index 2, ORS relaxer or this new one Organics (see pics- click on it) seem better for me?:confused:
My hair loves moisture and my scalp is extremely sensitive. I burn :eek: with relaxer in minutes which always lead to underprocessing.( my experience with lye)

sorry I was so thorogh I really need help.

I use Fiberguard and it leaves my hair silky.I have been using it for about 4 years. I tried others and always go back to this brand.

krissyprissy said:
I use Fiberguard and it leaves my hair silky.I have been using it for about 4 years. I tried others and always go back to this brand.

Are you refering to Fiberguard by Affirm? If so this is a wonderful relaxer. Top of the line IMHO:D Doesn't burn at all and it comes in sensitive as well

This is exactly why I went back to ORS after using Design Essentials, Affirm, Motions then Mizani for 2 years. They all burned like hell. But ORS didn't burn plus left my hair moisturized & silky.

Phyto and ORS are the only relaxers I've ever used that didn't burn. However, both left my hair slightly underprocessed, which I'm learning to love. Phyto made my hair extremely dry and tangled after the second use. Others have complained about the same thing with phyto. I'm sticking with ORS, because if I want my hair straighter I can just process/smooth a little longer.

Affirm Fiberguard caused no trouble to nape which is too affected by eczema. Try to get it.

its natural for your hair to not take the perm after time. your supposed to change your perms about every 2-3 years. I flip back and forth between Hawaiian Silky and Creme of Nature (both regular,lye).

you guys have no idea how much you are helping me because I'm really crying out here. This is important to me. Thank ya'll for responding and helpig me.

so far Vitale in ORS is in the number- I'm just so afraid of LYE now. And I'm so tempted to try silk elements.

I love the way Vitale Life and Body leaves my hair, especially after rinsing the relaxer out. My hair is left soft, shiney and silky.
I just used Silk Elements Regular Lye on my daughter last wk and I didn't like the fact that it left her hair feeling dry after rinsing out the relaxer. After the normal routine neutralizing and DC and all that stuff some of the moisturer was put back in, but her hair didn't feel nearly as good as it does when i use Vitale.

I just relaxed with Vitale Olive Oil Sensitive Scalp...Super. I based my scalp, and hadn't scratched my head, it didn't burn. My hair is soft and has body...not that limp look you can sometimes get after a relaxer.

Good Luck in your search!

No relaxer advice but make sure you are basing your scalp like it's 1999!:lol:

Also since you are sensitive I would go the no lye route. Never used it but I would try the ORS.

nomoweavesfome said:
I am very confused about what my next relaxer should be.
I am currently on lye for 2 years (optimum) which did me great in the beginning. Now it doesn't work.
My hair is underprocessed and overprocessed and very fragile and delicate.
i do notice that my hair appears to take on a silkier feel than the no- lye but it doesn't look silky because it's so underprocessed. but I'm not going to front, the no-lye had my hair thicker and stronger. I was actually satisfied until one day I went to the hairdresser for a perm and she was like your hair is rough what type of relaxer you use and I was like fabulaxer no -lye and she was like no ma'am. and slapped some Mizani lye and burned the living day lights out of me. :eek:

I really hate :mad: perms becuase all of them burn me and aside from my eczema episode in the nape, I really believe that I may have some damaged follicles because of this.

Now that I reflect I believe the no-lye may have been better for me. Ok so fabulaxer is probably outdated and may not be comparable to what's out today so I want to try something a little more top of the line.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND I CANNOT AFFORD TO MESS THIS NEXT ONE UP. I REALLY NEED YOU GUYS HELP. I HAVE 3 INCHES OF NEW GROWTH PLUS 3INCHES OF UNDERPROCESSED HAIR AND THE LAST 3 INCHES ON THE ENDS ARE OVERPROCESSED.

IF I MESS UP AGAIN I'M DOOMED.:perplexed
based off my stats, does Phyto index 2, ORS relaxer or this new one Organics (see pics- click on it) seem better for me?:confused:
My hair loves moisture and my scalp is extremely sensitive. I burn :eek: with relaxer in minutes which always lead to underprocessing.( my experience with lye)

sorry I was so thorogh I really need help.

U know what..I forgot, but the same thing happened to me. My hair was half underprocessed and half overprocessed as well.
For years I was using revlon-lye, then it just started burning the mess out of my scalp, like fire. I burnd soon as they put it on which led to half my head being relaxed and some of it not. I also had scabs, and burns and it was always dry. I had to switch. I tried the Creme of nature-no lye which was ok, and then switched to optimum-no lye. So far so good.

hmm.. if i were you i'd go to the salon for that. not the one with the stylist from hell but a different one. as for at home relaxers, i do believe lye relaxers are better for the hair. No lye relaxers contain calcium hydroxide which coats the hair shaft and makes it nearly impossible to correct underprocessing or allow moisture in thus drying the hair out. Lye relaxers contain strong chemicals too but they don't coat the hair shaft with repeated use. that's why i stick to them.

Back