Calling ALL CurlMeleons!!!! Anybody want to transition with me doing flexi-rod sets?

nuance7

I've been bunning since my last (last as in never again) touch up 4 weeks ago. I'm doing some pre-planning for my long transition. I believe the flexi-rod set will be my transitioning style. Anybody want to join me in the flexi-rod transition??????

varaneka

Re: Calling ALL CurlMeleons!!!! Anybody want to transition with me doing flexi-rod s

I don't know how to use flexirods

I've tried, but it made my hair stiff. what products do you use w/ them?

RoundEyedGirl504

Re: Calling ALL CurlMeleons!!!! Anybody want to transition with me doing flexi-rod s

I tried them but I think my hair is too short at this point for them to look good though.

nuance7

Just some watery leave-in like Infusium 23 or lacio-lacio and some Nairobi foam. The curls come out soft and last about a week. They do start dropping, but the older the set is the better it looks to me. I've been bunning pretty much the whole ummer...I want to give my edges a rest.

varaneka

oh...I haven't used rods since HS, so I don't remember what product I used. I just remember my curls turning out to be wiry. It was as if they were sculpted to stick out all over the place. I need to watch a vid on how to do it.

asubeauty

I'll do it with you. I've done a couple of flexi-rod sets and I planned to do them to transition anyway. :grin:

nuance7

Asubeauty...GREAT! I think I'll have more styling options with the flexi rods than with just doing the bun thing all the time. I'll be washing an deep conditioning once a week and doing the flexis. what will you do?

Creole...let me know what youtube tutorials you find. I'm pretty ok with the flexis but can always pick up some tips.

asubeauty

Asubeauty...GREAT! I think I'll have more styling options with the flexi rods than with just doing the bun thing all the time. I'll be washing an deep conditioning once a week and doing the flexis. what will you do?

Creole...let me know what youtube tutorials you find. I'm pretty ok with the flexis but can always pick up some tips.

Ill probably be doing the same thing. I have a really busy schedule, so I don't have time to wash and condition more than once a week.

soulie

What drying method will you be using? I have NEVER had a good night's sleep on flexirods.

LaidBak

I LOVE flexirods. I'm not transitioning though. I just like having my hair curled up and off my collar while I wait for APL. I always get soft curls because I dry set. And I re-rod every night. I can sleep on them w/ no problem and I always get soft bouncy curls. Had planned on flexirodding all summer.

nuance7

I have a Pibbs so I'll sit under it for about an hour and then sleep on them over night. I usually wash my hair at night.
Laidback...I use to do them very frequently in the past but then got SUPER lazy...the BUN just spoils you...its so easy.

In about 4 more weeks...I'm going to be the flexi rod QUEEN. I'll get the taste of wearing my hair out and free an IF it were natural!

LaidBak

I have a Pibbs so I'll sit under it for about an hour and then sleep on them over night. I usually wash my hair at night.
Laidback...I use to do them very frequently in the past but then got SUPER lazy...the BUN just spoils you...its so easy.

In about 4 more weeks...I'm going to be the flexi rod QUEEN. I'll get the taste of wearing my hair out and free an IF it were natural!

I love them because that's the closest I'll ever get to having the look of naturally curly hair. I just take them out and finger comb and go! LOVE that I don't need heat to style my hair!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Good to know. I wasn't sure if people were wet setting or dry setting. I see both can be done. I am transitioning also so I do plan to be using flexi rods. I hope to try them out before the end of this month.

nuance7

All right! Let's do this! I am sitting under the dryer right now with my first flexi rod set of my transition. I am BSL and can't stand the look of my relaxed hair. I got layers a couple of months ago and it just looks thin and stringy. Flexi-rods will be IT for me for the duration of my transition! FLEXI-RODS...ALL ABOARD!!!!!:grin: