burt bees avocado hair treatment.

Hey I went to their website and found the ingredients for you.

Vegetable glycerin, olive oil, oat protein, avocado oil, orange oil, lanolin, sweet almond oil, water, tocopherol (vitamin E), nettle extract, rosemary extract, fragrance

With ingredients like that, I definetly wouldn't say no to trying them if I ever found them in a store near me! *and i just did, i'm gonna go check this stuff out tomorrow -- it's raining*

I used to use this all the time. The consistency of it is like VO5 Hairdressing. Very thick and oily, but I LOVED it. I used to mix it with conditioner and Olive Oil and give myself a preshampoo.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:

Vegetable glycerin, olive oil, oat protein, avocado oil, orange oil, lanolin, sweet almond oil, water, tocopherol (vitamin E), nettle extract, rosemary extract, fragrance

With ingredients like that, I definetly wouldn't say no to trying them if I ever found them in a store near me! *and i just did, i'm gonna go check this stuff out tomorrow -- it's raining*

[/ QUOTE ]
could you give me the name of their website please

I tried that product when I was natural. Didn't like it then. It sat in the cupboard for months. Then I texturized and tried it again. Still didn't like it. I used the entire tube because I had it, but never purchased it again.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

burtsbees.com ...
laugh.gif

I have some, but didn't like the way it made my hair feel. It made my hair feel kinda like straw, so if you're considering a purchase, you may want to use it as a pre-shampoo as the instructions suggest could be done and follow with a moisturizing shampoo wash, if not your hair will feel dry. (IMHO, I've never understood the need for pre-treatments especially when applying the product on top of an unclean scalp and the fact that you're washing it out anyway seems kind of wasteful)I dunno, it could be from the olive oil, oat protein, orange oil, nettle extract, rosemary extract or a combination of all ingredients that contribute to the drying effect. Be careful about certain ingredients that are natural, some of them should not be combined with other natural ingredients. Sure it may look as if the product has really nice ingredients but one inclusion could potentially ruin the whole thing.

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

burtsbees.com ...
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
thanxs
laugh.gif

It didn't do anything special for my hair.....so now I use it as a lip balm! This is the best I've ever used on my lips, better than carmex, vaseline, chapstick, all of em.

bump

These are all great reviews.

I saw this at this new CVS for about $9 and wanted to get it so bad because of its ingredients. I just want to make sure I'm invensting in something good.

Tene & Tracy, what does this product do to your hair? And did it replace any other pre-shampoo treatments/regimen that you may have had b/4 using the product?

[ QUOTE ]
alliyah4eva203 said:
has anyone heard of or ever tried theses products before. burt bees

[/ QUOTE ]i LOVE burts bees!!!! my hippie friend from maine turned me on to these products....and i have been addidcted to the chapstick ever since!!! i havent come across any product of theirs that i dont like
smile.gif

~T~

Shatani, have you tried the Avocado butter treatment? Seems like I've been finding a mixture of reviews and don't know what to make of it. I'm thinking pure Avocado butter would be better?

It made my hair soft, I need to buy some more cause hair has been looking dry the next day after I wash. I always used it after I washed and conditioned and I would leave it in my hair for 30 mins. to an hour

Back