BSS Wigs/Lace Fronts Limit

JJamiah

I don't know how many of you go to the BSS and purchase your lacefronts, but I don't always go. I went today and purchased a hair piece. I am by far a veteran who can just go in and pick out a piece like that, I am a toddler. I am trying on my 5th piece and the girl goes oh, we only limit 3. I am like Okay I had the 6 ready to go I really wanted to try that on, I asked do you mind if I try this on, she goes Uh, I said okay thanks, So I try it on and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

My whole thing is I asked her for help she sat there snapping her gum like she didn't understand or want to help, I guess I am a little spoiled the girl in Phili, pulled 4 wigs out and they were all on point, she knew what she was doing, she picked it like winning lottery numbers.

This girl was like uhhhhhh, I don't know what you like, I am like I just wanted something that looks good, so I asked the other lady, she goes Uh, I don't know your style. So she says you'll have to try something on, So I undo my hair and then take out the cap and put it on after removing my clips, she never mentioned limit of 3.

How do they expect to make money if people don't get to try on pieces, not like the store was crowded and they had a awesome set up for their wigs neat over 200 wigs on heads and you have a 3 limit :(, no raggedy wigs like the store down the block, all nice, any who I just wanted to know how you ladies approach a limit of 3 if and when you go to the BSS?

&&&&&&

I got a Hair Piece called IT TRESS IVY in the color of 4P2925 and that is MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR and Hair piece :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

Unfortunately I have no working camera but when I do I am going to post.

IT TRESS IVY (I have never even heard of IT TRESS) color 4P2925

Girls IT's nice!

Last edited:
all the BSS's i've gone to have a 3 wig limit per wig cap,. & if you want to try on more, you have to buy a wig cap from them (usually $1.00).

all the BSS's i've gone to have a 3 wig limit per wig cap,. & if you want to try on more, you have to buy a wig cap from them (usually $1.00).

No I got the cap, but they said ONLY try on 3, the purchasing of a cap wouldn't have been a problem, but she said "Only 3 try on".

When I went to purchase wigs for the first time I made sure to go to a bss that was empty. I knew that would appreciate my business because they don't get much business. :lachen: I tried on at least 10 different wigs, but I also ended up buying 3 wigs and the owner gave me a discount and 2 free packs of wig caps.

I have NEVER tried on a wig at a BSS, though I have bought 3 from there. I bought without trying on, because the style was so nice on the stand that I knew it would still look hot, and would fit me. However, I never knew or figured there would be an imposed limit on how many you can try on per wig cap, or how many you can try on period! Some people in the beauty industry can be very rude, and my thing is, why are you in beauty if you don't want to help people? I mean, it is a form of hospitality, in that you are catering to the beauty needs of another! Geesh. I have resorted to reviewing and buying ALL of my wigs/LF's online. I find one, think on it for a bit, try to find some reviews on the quality, how it holds up with use, construction, etc., then I buy.

I have seen some fly wigs in the store, but they also look too "handled" like they are messy and tangled sometimes. I don't know whether there are others unopened available for purchase, and the ones on the stands are just samples, but at a major BSS here and back home...what you see on the stand is what you get and what you can buy. This, of course, is with the exception of quick weave-type wigs and half-wigs that are usually just packaged. So, I don't bother with BSS's anymore unless I am buying a distinct beauty/hair product, because I find way better deals on wigs and weaves ONLINE. Even with shipping I come out cheaper than the BSS.

Back