BSS in DC?

fifi134

Soooo, being out here in DC has cured my PJ-ism..because I don't know where any BSS/hair supply stores are!

Can any of you kind ladies suggest anyplace I can go? If it helps, I'm in Northwest DC. I only have 4 products on hand :/

Thanks!

Fab_Nikki

I live in the DMV and would like to know also. I live in VA but there aren't alot of bigger BSS in my area. I like to think BSS in DC might carry more Dominican products are something.

davisbr88

I'm in NW too!
But I am originally from PG County, MD, and I ALWAYS went to Action Beauty Supply in Columbia Heights, MD. It's a trip but it's a great supply. Plus they have their own line called Action Exclusives Ace Oil that I used faithfully (pre-LHCF ingredient checking, etc) and it was a good line despite that.

chebaby

i love beauty island. but i go to the one in oxon hill maryland which is on the DC border line.

Miss_C

I find that GA Ave Beauty Island to be a little meh:ohwell: when it comes to price and selection. Used to go there when I was in school. Don't know who they're owned by now, but I was actually followed to the back once by an employee (I was looking for a scarf and some shears, which were in the back). He kept pretending to do things and looked away when I would look over. When I moved, he moved. I told him to stop following me, and he insisted he wasn't:perplexed. I left without buying anything because of this and just went back for the first time in 3 years. That didn't happen this time. Just thought you'd want to know.

Anyway, #1 Beauty Supply (5928 Georgia Ave NW- past Howard) and Cambridge Beauty Supply (1301 Rhode Island Ave NE,) are larger with better pricing and selection. And if you're looking for great Dominican products don't go to either of those places, go to Wheaton Beauty Supply in Wheaton mall (Wheaton stop on the red line).
HTH