BS and ACV Rinse

BronxMyth

I decided to try it today. The baking soda made my hair feel clean, not stripped. It was very soft. I still shampooed with CON, then did a protein treatment with AO's GPB. I then did a deep condition with AO's Honeysuckle Rose. Then I rinsed out the conditioner and did an ACV rinse. My hair has never shined and felt so soft when doing it at home. I got some great advise from these threads. Thanks ladies. :grin:

BTW, the ACV rinse gave me a lot of slip and made it feel so soft also. I understand these are old methods on here, but I wanted to share anyway :)

Last edited:

CurliDiva

Until I read your regimen I got nervous because I use baking soda and vinegar to clear clotted drains so I would not combine the two on my hair.:perplexed

BronxMyth

I just made sure that it was well diluted. I don't have exact measurements. I'd say I put about two tablespoons mixed with a cup of water. I can't stop touching it. I was scared too, but I'm glad I took a chance.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I'm dying to try the bs rinse to clarify (coconut oil prepoo) but all my experiments have caused setbacks lately.
:(

isawstars

I still need to try the BS. Do you have to shampoo after using it? Or can it be used as a natural shampoo? I recently tried the ACV rinse and loved it. I didn't get any slip like you did... my hair actually had an awful feeling until i conditioned it but the ACV restored my hair's natural brown tones.

msa

I'm dying to try the bs rinse to clarify (coconut oil prepoo) but all my experiments have caused setbacks lately.
:(

Well you definitely shouldn't try it until your regimen is solid again and your hair has recovered. Another good way to use it is to add a teaspoon of bs to your conditioner. That way your hair silk gets clean but it's also being moisturized at the same time.

beana

I did an acv rinse last night.. shiny swinging hair today!

I used 1oz of acv with mother to a gallon to cool water after i shampooed. it left my hair feeling a little squeaky so i dc'ed afterwards and it dried to prefection.

LovelyMe24

I did a baking soda rinse last night and I must say it worked really well. :yep:

Quick question: How often do you all think this can be done. Would more than once a week be too much?