Braid Extension Question

Ipanema

Hi, everyone! I finished doing my own braid extensions, and I feel so empowered now!
But I do have a question. What's the best way to seal the ends on synthetic hair? I just dipped my braids in nearly boiling hot water, and they don't seem to be unraveling, but should some other method be used?

zoya_j

I like to wear the ends of my braids curly. You can do this by putting rods on the ends and then dipping them in the hot water

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Hot Tools makes a braid sealer. (it looks sort of like a curling iron but seals braids) Check out Sally's Beauty Supply online they should have.

sweetpea5000

My sister takes a thin strand of the extension hair, wraps it around the braid and knots it. I think she might knot it twice. I don't burn or boil them and they stay in pretty well, sometimes the odd one might come unraveled, but I just rebraid it and knot it again. I've tried burning the ends before, and it looked nice but the ends were ruining my clothes and snagging threads. You could try knotting and then boiling, but for me knotting is enough. My sister and I have been experimenting with techniques forever and this is the one I like best. If the braids are a little larger, you could also try using little black rubber bands, I've seen it done and look nice too, but usually my braids are too small for it to look nice.