Blkmane's Kitchen - Homemade Products

BlkMane

Blkmane\'s Kitchen - Homemade Products

Hi, all. I'm so excited because I concocted my 1st homemade hair pomade!! I'm tickled pink! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, in my search for a Rosemary/Sage/Sulfur product to apply to my scalp/new growth I found the Genuine African Formula Hair Tonic which contains all three plus TONS of other goodies. This stuff is a liquid though. Even though it doesn't seem to FRIZZ my hair, it makes my scalp smell a little "funny". So, I decided to make a 'creamier' product to apply to my scalp and new growth to stimulate growth and moisturize that I could alternate with the tonic.

I had about 1- 1 1/2 oz. of natural shea butter left in a 2 oz. container so I melted it in the microwave and added:

<ul type="square">
[*]1 Tablespoon of the Hair Tonic mentioned above.
[*]1 Tablespoon of Rosemary &amp; Sage water (homemade)
[*]Approx. 1/2 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
[*]The last of my Wildgrowth Oil (about 6 drops)
[*]A couple "squirts" of Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
[/list]

I only added the Hair Milk because after adding in the Rosemary &amp; Sage water the mixture was separating. The Hair Milk contains an emulsifier and when I added a little to the mixture it helped the oil and water mix.

I put it in the fridge last night and today it was back to a solid consistency! Just like it was before I added the extra stuff!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

Re: Blkmane\'s Kitchen - Homemade Products

Sounds great to me!!!!!!!!

I love making stuff up...which reminds me..I have soem online shopping to do.

Congrats...and girl.....it is addictive...watch out! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

iris

Sounds GGReeaaT! I've just begun to become a kitchen chemist myself /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I'm researching different combinations of products to mix myself, and when I strike Eureka, I'll let everbody know /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for sharing.

Iris

sweetcocoa

Sounds great. I haven't been putting anything on my scalp. But the cold weather has been making it dry. I'll have to try this. I mixed up my 4th batch of my pomade yesterday. I use it only on the hair though(shea butter is too heavy for my scalp). I'll try this instead...except I'll have to find a substiute for the hair milk. I do have her butter...maybe I'll try that.

BlkMane

Sweetcocoa-

And anyone else that may put together a similar combo, the stuff IS oily. You can't use too much or it will make your hair oily. BUT it gives INCREDIBLE shine!!

[I would like to melt mine down again to add an essential (fragrant) oil.]

And BTW, Sweetcocoa, I think of YOUR pomade often, I always picture it "smelling good" for some reason. When I'm done with this combo, I'll probably whip up a batch of your hair butter. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

It doesn't smell as yummy as it looks...but it's not a bad smell. I mixed a little vanilla pear oil for scent in my last batch. I got this from FNWL.