BKT Quesetions, Help!

PurAngl1

Ok so I am considering getting a BKT very soon (tomorrow). But I have some questions about the treatment first that I couldn't find by searching. Here they are:

1. Can I wash my hair before I get it done? I want to wash and DC tonight and then go for the treatment tomorrow.

2. If I am protein sensitive, will this treatment hurt my hair?

3. Because BKT coats the hair can I still moisturize it effectively? Will the moisturizer still penetrate?

4. Can I get a roller set done immediately after the treatment or will they flat iron only?

5. I am 10 weeks post relaxer. I know that my NG will not be super straight. But what can I expect when it come to my NG? I have 4c hair.

TIA!!! I really appreciate any all answers. I am looking forward to getting this done. I really want to it to make my hair more manageable, especially at the root. And help me with my 5 month strectch!

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

Ok so I am considering getting a BKT very soon (tomorrow). But I have some questions about the treatment first that I couldn't find by searching. Here they are:

1. Can I wash my hair before I get it done? I want to wash and DC tonight and then go for the treatment tomorrow.

2. If I am protein sensitive, will this treatment hurt my hair?

3. Because BKT coats the hair can I still moisturize it effectively? Will the moisturizer still penetrate?

4. Can I get a roller set done immediately after the treatment or will they flat iron only?

5. I am 10 weeks post relaxer. I know that my NG will not be super straight. But what can I expect when it come to my NG? I have 4c hair.

TIA!!! I really appreciate any all answers. I am looking forward to getting this done. I really want to it to make my hair more manageable, especially at the root. And help me with my 5 month strectch!

First off.. YAY!!! Girl you are gonna love it!!!! I'll try to answer your questions as best I can....

1.) You can do whatever you want to your hair prior to BKT'ing... that means color.. DC's whatever... No problem.

2.) I'm not sure what being protein sensitive is... so I'll leave that one alone. I do moisture and protein treatments and never had an issue.

3.) YES! This is a common misconception about the BKT... it is a coating.. just reducing the amount of moisture that you need... YOu still moisturize.. but you will find that your hair stays moisturized longer and with less product... at least that's been my experience... But hey it may be different for some people... I'm sure some people are still waiting to say "I told you so" when and if my hair falls out from a variety of things.. LOL!:lachen:

4.) Depends on your BKT.. some are rinse out immediately...some are you have to wait 24-48 hours.. ask your stylist.

5.) I don't hair type.. but I've got a picture in my dreamhair thread of how my hair looks just from being dried.. and I'm 28 weeks post.. if that might help!

Congrats on coming to BKT-land!!! Bring us pictures!!