Bigen users!!! Which Bigen color gives you medium brown results?

kgard7777

I put a Bigen color in 4 yrs ago it was medium chestnut and it made my hair jet black... I love Bigen but I hope that never happens again because it was too dark and took forever to get out. So my question is, which one gives you medium brown results?

I can't wait to hear the answers for this question kgard. I am currently sporting jet black myself (Bigen:Med. Chestnut) :ohwell:

Stay away from the Medimum Chestnut :nono:

Early this year, I called the 800 number for Bigen (when I was researching both Bigen and henna) the manager anwered the phone and seemed very familiar with black women using Bigen on relaxed hair, which she said was safe. I told her I wanted to keep my hair dark brown and did not want to go any darker. I asked her about Bigen's "Black Brown".

I saved what she said and she did not recommend "Black Brown" for my dark brown hair because she said it will turn out black. She said The Bigen colors usually result in a darker shade. She suggested "Chocolate" if I wanted dark brown.

Not all Sally's carry Chocolate but they can order it. Now, this is for dark brown. You may want to call their 800 number and find out about medium brown. Make sure you let them know exactly what you're going for, what your hair color is now and what happened before. :yep:

Here is a link where many are in the same situation and have similar questions as yours:
http://www.folica.com/Bigen_Permanent_q1246_1.html

I don't remember the 800 number for Bigen but it's on the box if you still have it.

ETA: I ended up using a recipe of henna, indigo and amla to get the brown I wanted. :)

Last edited:
you are too kind.. thanks for your response and I have seen the chocolate color in the Bigen expressions but not regular Bigen

Beware of Bigen!!! It contains PPD. Do a search on it... A safe alternative is Robert Craig. Google that too...

Back