BIG problem! (Trying figure this one out)

Hidden_Angel

Alright currerntly I'm natural but I know after i've grown the length(stretched) I want I'm PROBABLY going to relax or textive my hair but the thing I'm worried about it split end.. I DO not want to relax my hair and find outmy hair that ive grown out has spilt end half way up my hair.. I well be SOOO ticked off... so any adivce for this one ladies???

Deep conditioning & regular protein treatments should help keep this from happening.

Why do you suspect that you'll have split ends later?

Divine Inspiration said:
Deep conditioning & regular protein treatments should help keep this from happening.

Why do you suspect that you'll have split ends later?

well I'm PRAYING it won't but I'm just looking at all possible aspects of relaxing. I know some people who were natural and then permed it and it eaither fall out or they had to cut half of their hair off. I'm thinking I mite get it flat ironed and make sure that the rest of my realxed ends are out of my hair. I wear braids all the time so I'm not to worried about it rubing against my clothes. I do worry about what my ends may look like 2 years down the road.

It's possible that this could be an issue. Keep your ends moisturized and protected. If you want a good idea of what you are working with just have it straightened first. If I were to relax I would have to lose about 3 inches to get the look I like.

I don't think this will be a problem if you trim your split ends while you are natural. I didn't get my first relaxer until 16, but every so often my mom would press my hair bone straight and trim the split ends. So when I got a relaxer, there was no need to chop inches off after the process because the splits had been cut all along. I plan to follow this method when I finish my transition. Every so often I will press bone straight (normally I plan to just do a light blow dry or wet set) and clip the splits every 3 months. I will probably do a light texturizer if I hit bra strap also.

You could press it every 3-4 months just to check for split ends then trim them away or dust.

As for the bolded, the main 2 reasons most pple end up getting alot of their hair cut off is either:

1. The person doing the virgin relaxer applies it improperly causing the ends to be under processed, which in turn the person applying the relaxer says the ends are damaged and just cuts them away, while in reality they just didn't know what they were doing. :(

2. they didn't properly moisturize or care for it while it was natural.
Hidden_Angel said:
well I'm PRAYING it won't but I'm just looking at all possible aspects of relaxing. I know some people who were natural and then permed it and it eaither fall out or they had to cut half of their hair off. I'm thinking I mite get it flat ironed and make sure that the rest of my realxed ends are out of my hair. I wear braids all the time so I'm not to worried about it rubing against my clothes. I do worry about what my ends may look like 2 years down the road.

THANK YOU LADIES! :) I was very worried about this issuse. I was wondering what would happen to my poor head once I relax it. I'm going to get it flatironed first before i get my new braids in :)

Back