Betcha Never Saw a Catholic Church Like This!!!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Well, it's their choir performing in Amsterdam...but this is wonderful and I hope I get to experience them someday in La.! I had to get on someone saying in another video about some gospel music sung by a Black choir that it didn't seem "catholic" to them. I had to remind them that the church is universal. You travel to Indonesia, you'll find people who sing in their way with their culture. People can be sooooo...ummmm...hateful! Anyhoo, that other vid led me to this one. What a joy! But anyway, enjoy this wonderful choir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c38VaLZUeJQ&feature=related

Last edited:
I think it is Great! I have heard of many Catholics especially Africans saying that they "get down" in their church services too. So yes, praise and worship is cultural. There is not a manuel or book to say how it suppose to go anyways, it is all man-made and man's way of expressing his praise.

Thanks for sharing!

There's a church like this I visit sometimes here in my city. I love the mix of culture.

Well, there are Black Catholic churches out there. I attended 1 when I lived in Tampa (I think it was the only one) and there are a couple here in Richmond. The church I attended in tampa, their choir was really good.

I used to go to a church like this in Chicago (st.ailbe) and I loved it there! The adult choir was good but the children's choir was off the hook! Since I moved to massachusetts I haven't been able to find anything like that here. Not just the music but a preacher, the atmosphere, everything. I have to say it's been really tough....

Yes there are some out there. I think it depend on the cultural mix of the church.

Back