Best In Gels???

PinkGirlFluff

I am looking for something that will provide non crunchy hold. What's your favorite product that provides great hold especially when doing braid outs and twist outs?

AimWard

I'm a die hard KCCC fan. It works for everything from wash and go's to twist outs but it can be a little tricky if not applied properly. So, I will recommend my second fave, Komaza Care Coconut Curl Pudding. It's hold level is light to medium, perfect for twistouts or braidouts.

PinkGirlFluff

I'm a die hard KCCC fan. It works for everything from wash and go's to twist outs but it can be a little tricky if not applied properly. So, I will recommend my second fave, Komaza Care Coconut Curl Pudding. It's hold level is light to medium, perfect for twistouts or braidouts.

Is KCCC one of those products that are best to use with the entire line or does it play nice with others?

AimWard

Is KCCC one of those products that are best to use with the entire line or does it play nice with others?

Yup. I've been using it for a while so I've figured out how to make it play well with other stuff, but if you've never used it, you definitely want to stick with the entire line.

PinkGirlFluff

Yup. I've been using it for a while so I've figured out how to make it play well with other stuff, but if you've never used it, you definitely want to stick with the entire line.

Ok. Cool. I'm a die hard Shea Moisture line user so I might die a little inside using something else. But for the right hold I might be able to part slowly but surely. :yep:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I like my ecostyler, and I combine it with either tresemme naturals or a glycerin/water spritz to achieve soft hold with no crunch. I use the olive oil, pink, or blue ecostyler.

Amoreofcurls

Crisco to seal under Eco Styler Gel is :love2:

I usually use giovanni as a leave in...Shea moisture actually softens it as well to the point where it actually takes away some of the hold...

GaiasDaughter24

Vaseline as a seal under my EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel. I prefer the Argan oil one over the others because it's not sticky.It's lighter, too.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Co-signing on the KCC! What I like about this gel is that it's great for wash-n-gos, twist outs and for slicking your hair back for a pony/puff. I'm in the 2011 Bunning Challenge and this is what I use to slick my hair back. I like that the ingredients are free of plastics/polymers, parabens, silicones and for me, other suspect additives. It only takes a little to keep those fly-aways in place and to help set the waves and I like the scent. It is expensive compared to Ecostyler but I find it's so much better for my hair so I'm prepared to keep my hair healthy and happy!

silenttullip

Smooth n Shine (drugstore brand) has no crunch

Aubrey Organics B5 Design gel (natural store brand) has NO CCRUNCH at all

Longaid for dry hair doesn't crunch much

my favorite labella (yellowish/greenish) has a nice light crunch

or just put olive oil under your gel for little to no crunch

For my hair ecostyler olive oil DOES CRUNCH

Last edited:

lala

Homemade flaxseed gel recipe ---> Here

I added glycerin, jojoba, olive oil, vitamin E, but didn't do GF extract. Works great, no crunch.

southerncitygirl

fantasi ic gel with sparkle lites ( i mix in a lil evco for added moisture and crunch prevention even though its not a hard hold)and unlike ecostyler it plays nice. so far i have used it with with a variety of products with no issues.

i've tried it with the following:
komaza coconut curl lotion
komaza shea butter hair lotion
oyin hair dew
she moisture hair milk/lotion

its cheap too about 4-5.50 for 16oz depending if its on sale or where you get it from. its at most drugstores and beauty supplies in the ethnic haircare section.