BC'ing TUESDAY 2/8. Need courage.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Ladies, ladies, laaaaaaaaaadies.....

I've decided to BC and I am TERRIFIED. I'll be 6 months post on the 23rd of this month. After being frustrated and tired of wrestling with two textures I've decided that it's just time. Soooo this Tuesday, I'm going to be chopping.

I've read and researched and asked and listened and thought about it.... and I've come to a few conclusions. For some people it's just hair... But for me, it'll be the first time I'll be above shoulder length in at least 11 years. I've grown accustomed to straight and curly knot out hair...:perplexed

:look: I am scared.... I don't know what to expect and being a little hormonal doesn't help. Natural heads and transitioners.... could you guys give me a hug and maybe post some inspiration pics?

I know "it's just hair and it'll grow back" but I'm at a time of great change (spiritual, mental, and physical) and I just need a little sisterly encouragement. (I'm the only one in my immediate family to go fully natural..... except for my mom but she later decided to relax because she's in her 70's and her hair was HUGE lol. I thought it was beautiful. :yep:)

ILYandY

Wow OP good luck!

For the past few weeks ago I was about the BC but I since then backed out but I still have thoughts about it. Keep us posted on your journey.

DO it girl!!!! You will love it!!!! I BC'ed friday and I am going to finish/fix it up Next saturday... Once you do it and get over the initial shock you will realize it was nothing but hair`:)

DirtyJerzeyGirly

You could do it homie! My one year natural anniversary is in April! My hair has grown dramatically! It will feel great after you let it go. I was overwhelmed when I saw my texture. It's been so long! You can do it girl! You're gonna look great!

cocoagirl

i'm eating pizza and wings with one hand and typing w/ the other so this gone' be short, lol..but go ahead and do it ma, there are many cute and creative hairstyles you can rock if your lifestyle will allow for it, from frohawks to 2 strand twists, afro etc. Attached is how I wore my hair when I !st went nat years ago. The good thing is like u said, it's only hair. you can always opt for a diff style if you change ur mind.<<<<hugs>>>>ok don't feel like copying ladida, pic in fotki if interested...

DirtyJerzeyGirly

I sooooo love LHCF. Do you guys have any advice (products, etc?)

Products:

Shampoo: If your looking for sulfate free or less harsh shampoos, I hear Organix, Miss Jessies, Carol's Daughter, Naked Naturals, Loreal Everpure and EverStrong, Elasta, are some of the many good less harsh shampoos to use

Conditioners: Cheapies are the best! Suave, White Rain, Herbal Essences, Aussie, V05. Conditioner is a natural's best friend. You can even co-wash!

Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot Today is one of my favorites.

Product lines: Qhemet, Miss Jessies, Kinky Curly, Oyin, Carol's Daughter....

DirtyJerzeyGirly

Advice: Don't be too hard on your hair. Detangler on wet conditioned hair. One of my favorite combs to use is the Ouidad Double Detangler Comb. You can get it at sephora or online. Don't expect your hair to look like Rachel True's or Tracee Ellis Ross. Moisturize your hair! Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! Give it time, ok?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Do it so you can join the twa grow out challenge :grin:
:lol: Yup lol. I'm kinda excited! I'll definitely be posting pics.

Advice: Don't be too hard on your hair. Detangler on wet conditioned hair. One of my favorite combs to use is the Ouidad Double Detangler Comb. You can get it at sephora or online. Don't expect your hair to look like Rachel True's or Tracee Ellis Ross. Moisturize your hair! Your hair is BEAUTIFUL! Give it time, ok?
Thanks so much! Girl my grass will soooo not look like that lol. I'm a crinkly curly 4a. I sooo appreciate your posts. Thank you!

honeisos

U will be fine ... plenty of support here .. 5+ yrs natural and i love it ...
LHCF will be here for you

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Wow!! I didn't know you would be bc'ing! How exciting. Are you sure sure absolutely sure this is what you want? If so, i'll support you :)

kittykhat

Huggies!!!:bighug: You can do it! Believe me. It feels so good when BC and realize now that all you have to do is grow out your hair. You don't have to worry about moisture/protein balance on your natural ANd your relaxed hair. No more stringy ends. It's so worth it! You can do it! When I BC about a week and some days ago, I was nervous too but now I see my curls forming more and I just love it! Now I can just grow my hair and not have to worry about anymore cutting with the exception of trims. I'm right here with you 100%. Just message me if you need to talk more.

Maa Maa omo mti

realize that you are about to have a new relationship with your hair. this will be a new exciting relationship. you will have ups and downs; you WILL fight, and it will act like a bad a$$ SPOIL kid who will disrespect your every move at times and other times it will be your favorite child.

Mook's hair

Sounds exciting... I made a decision to Transition for 2 full years. So I did my BC on the exact date of my relaxer.

But you sound like you will be happier without the 2 textures. You'll be just fine.
I hope you will post some pics for us to see it.

Taina

Do it so you can join the twa grow out challenge :grin:
Indeed!
We are a very nice and supportive group!!!

I have to say that shortv hair looks beautiful, yours wont be that short as you are 6mos post. Anyway, go for it! tou will love it =)

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm definitely going to post pics. That's probably the only way it'll sink in. :lol:

The more I think about it, the more excited I'm getting. Thanks ladies :bighug:

ThePerfectScore

I was wayyy tooo afraid to chop it off myself. But today my cousin volunteered to do it... then we elected my auntie to do it. Basically I had been toying with the idea for months and months. After about a year transition, I knew it was time to do it b/c there was nothing I could do with my hair! All I was wearing were busted pony tails or cornrows. The thing about it was if I straightened my hair it looked crazy because it wasn't cut in a face framing matter, plus my relaxed ends looked so thin and raggedy compared to my luscious new growth .. so I just cut it off.

I wanted to do it yet was too afraid of doing it myself or even going to a salon. It's the best decision I've ever done! I think I would have been more traumatized if I had Bced early and had a twa, but a full fledged afro is the way to go! I cannot wait for this summer when it's grown a little more and I'm doing twist outs and wash and gos.