Bain de Terre Product Info

Lovie

Hi All -
I am posting a peice of a conversation I had on another site about Bain de Terre products. Wanted to protect the person I spoke with, so I only cut and pasted the relevant info on the Bain de Terre products I tried and liked. Thought you would find it useful. If its choppy, its because I cut and pasted the conversation back and forth from our messages.

Hope you find it helpful. Happy Hair Growing.

Sure! One thing to really remember is you must clarify when using BDT products. They have great slip because of the cones. After frequent use, if your hair feels funny, it probably needs to be clarified, then DC, then go back to the routine. Works like a charm.

My hands down two favorite Bain de Terre Products are:

1. Bain de Terre While Clover/Green Meadow Conditioner (detangler). You know of its glory, it won't let you down, everyone I tell about it falls in love. Only thing is you have to clarify, esp. if you use this as a co-wash because the cones build I would say after about 5 or 6 washings (for me at least) and it wont perform as well.

2. Bain de Terre Anti-Frizz Serum.
This serum is FABULOUS for heat styling, if you do it. I use it on wet or dry hair, and its a heat protectant, I think its also a humectant which helps prevent frizz during humid days in the city, and it gives great, light shine on hair without it feeling icky or slippery. Its a very, very very light serum, your hair will still move with this. I think I reviewed this on MUA.

3. Bain de Terre Intense Primrose Treatment (Now called Bain de Terre White Lotus Reparative Constructor)
http://www.baindeterre.com/ht4.asp

Those are the 3 that have worked successfully for me, for years.

Others that I have tried and can comment on -

Jasmine Moisturizing Shampoo
Used this shampoo for a long time, but used it with the White Clover/Green Meadow. LOVED the smell. Had sulfates, and over time just stopped because I didn't want to be too harsh on my hair with it after finding CON successful. I honestly loved this shampoo for the smell more than the finish. Lasted all day, so fresh and with the conditioner that good, who needed an extra moisturizing shampoo anyway? :eek:)

Moisturizing Conditioner (Cucumber, now Jasmine)
I haven't used the re-vamped forumula of the moisturizing conditioner. The one I used was called Cucumber Moisturizing back in the day. It was OK, as good as your average moisturizing. Didn't like the smell that much or the finish, so when I finished I went right back to white clover, which detangled much better and gave a very nice shine to my hair.

PrimeTime Chamomile Styling
Didn't like it. Didn't like the way my hair felt - a bit stiff before styling, and I like bounce.Spray nozzle was too heavy with the distro of the product, so maybe thats why I didn't like it. I think I had to struggle to finish this bottle.

Scalp & Sugar Fig Scrub
I actually used this earlier this week. Feels really good on your scalp if you take the time to do it. I would just get to lazy to scrub scrub scrub after awhile so can't speak to full advantages of the product with consistent use. But I really like the concept of this exfoliator, and would definitely use it again.

Iron It Out
Didn't like it. I use the Anti-Frizz Serum with better results.

Hope this helps,
Lovie

Thanks for posting your reviews of BDT products. I think I may do some more research on the Anti-Frizz serum. I don't do any heat styling (usually just rollersets or wrapping) but I do get hair frizz when the place gets very humid. Although, I have noticed that my hair ends seem much smoother since using the BDT green meadow conditioner.

If the Green Meadow condish continues to work well for me, I think I will make a post about on the hair boards that I'm a member of. I do notice that there seem to be less praising of a certain hair product and more posts on more general hair care rather than being product specific. I guess the trend comes in waves, I think that more and more people realize that "what may work for some, does not work for all". But I will wait until I use it more before doing so. If my review can help someone find a product that works for them, like your review did for me, I'll be happy.

How does the Grean Meadow cond compare to the L'Occitane conditioners in terms of moisturization and detangling?

Signed, Online Reviewer

TO ONLINE REVIEWER:
Honestly, aside from the original recommendation that I made on LHCF for BDT Green Meadow as an alternative detangler, I cannot compare BDT to L'Occitane overall. I do think the quality of L'Occitane products is better than BDT .

I'm glad you found this helpful, please do share your BDT reviews of products, as you never know who you can help. I'm going to share this conversation by posting to the forum I am a member of. This way, others benefit as well.

Take care!

Lovie

Have a great weekend!

clever

I :love: the Intense Primrose Treatment.I had no idea thats its now called White Lotus Reparative reconstructor.I thought they totally discontinued a reconstructor from the line.I'll have to try the new one.

Lovie

I :love: the Intense Primrose Treatment.I had no idea thats its now called White Lotus Reparative reconstructor.I thought they totally discontinued a reconstructor from the line.I'll have to try the new one.

Yes, I tried and though they worked the same, with the main difference in the original smell. :yep: I actually liked the scents that BDT originally had better, but the new forumula still smells nice.

Oh, check TJ Maxx first, I picked up a huge bottle of the new forumula for $4.99 earlier this month. The smaller regular formula retails for $17.99 at Trade Secret. Hopefully they are not having problems with the line...because it was the new packaging.

clever

Yes, I tried and though they worked the same, with the main difference in the original smell. :yep: I actually liked the scents that BDT originally had better, but the new forumula still smells nice.

Oh, check TJ Maxx first, I picked up a huge bottle of the new forumula for $4.99 earlier this month. The smaller regular formula retails for $17.99 at Trade Secret. Hopefully they are not having problems with the line...because it was the new packaging.

Thanks.I'll try TJ Maxx before I order it.I find it I'm buying them all.:lachen: