Baggie/Ponytail Method stretchers......Question...

RabiaElaine

What products/method works best for keeping the hair down and tame while in a ponytail, especially when you have a couple different textures going.

Right now I am exactly 4 weeks post relaxer, my last relaxer I texlaxed, so at this point I have 4 textures. For the most part I start my day with my hair smooth and lyinging down, but it doesn't end that way. I've been using activator gel and sometimes Jam gel to smooth.

I have 3 more months until my relaxer so I really need to arm myself with the correct products to keep looking neat.

Any advice would be appreciated.

libralegend

Newbie here, but I have been stretching now for 20wks with about 3 different textures. What has worked for me when wearing a ponytail is S-curl on the new growth, NTM Silk Touch and Jane Carter Nourish and Shine butter mixed with very little WGO (on new growth only). Then I use a boar bristle brush and smooth the new growth portion and may or may not use a scarf to flatten (it just depends on my mood and how much time I have).

I hope that helps some!

Dlene

I used to use S-curl but I realized it was weighing my hair down too much, so I spray a mixture of s-curl diluted with distilled water after I wash my hair only. No adverse effects. I moisturize daily with a new staple that I love along with NTM Silk Touch Leave in Cream: it is called BB Oil Moisturizer hair aloe and something... I forgot the name.

RabiaElaine

I have been using s-curl and ntm, which is great for softness (right now I am trying sta so fro) but I feel I need something heavier for hold...any suggestions, without using a product with alchohol.

Sweet_Ambrosia

What works for me is S-curl, Lets Jam Gel and Water.
I use S-curl on my NG and ends, then lightly spritz my hair with water, apply a small amount of Lets Jam, brush it back with a boar brush, then apply the scarf method.

As for products, you may wanna try aloe vera gel, or curl activator gel, they dont contain any alcohol and both are very moisturizing.

HTH~